Chord Company interconnects with Marantz PM6005

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
I enjoy throwing poo at elitists, shills and trolls. Out of which the trolls are dear to me because they entertain us.

The irony of you denouncing others as trolls is really rather amusing. But yes, stick to what you do best: hurling your own excrement at others.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
It doesnt matter if you have expectation bias or not - it matters on the end result to him only.

Expectaiton bias is what makes the hobby enjoyable - getting excited about the new toy thats coming and how that is going to make your system sound and the kick you get out of the improvement from it - whether its real or according to you all in the mind its irrelevant really. I dont see why that is so offensive as a concept and why it cant just be left at that - and now moved on from

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
It doesnt matter if you have expectation bias or not - it matters on the end result to him only.

Expectaiton bias is what makes the hobby enjoyable - getting excited about the new toy thats coming and how that is going to make your system sound and the kick you get out of the improvement from it - whether its real or according to you all in the mind its irrelevant really. I dont see why that is so offensive as a concept and why it cant just be left at that - and now moved on from

Why don't you buy a Fiat Panda for Ferrari 458 Italia money. You can put a Ferrari sticker on the Fiat and tell everyone how you got a really fast car now.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
ellisdj said:

Why don't you buy a Fiat Panda for Ferrari 458 Italia money. You can put a Ferrari sticker on the Fiat and tell everyone how you got a really fast car now.

This is typical of the sarcastic unfunny comments I have been mentioning - that is a particualrly petty set of comments thats completely non productive - with actually no relevance I can see.

Thats why I am asking for it to be left alone - its got stupid on here and its ruining it

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Vladimir said:

This is typical of the sarcastic unfunny comments I have been mentioning - that is a particualrly petty set of comments thats completely non productive - with actually no relevance I can see.

Thats why I am asking for it to be left alone - its got stupid on here and its ruining it

And everytime someone tells you its a Fiat with a Ferrari sticker on it, drop in tantrum and cry untill he admits it is a real Ferrari.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
ellisdj said:
Expectaiton bias is what makes the hobby enjoyable

No it isn't. It's listening to good music reproduced well.

That is what I wrote if you look again - that element is completely individual

if you dont enjoy / get excited about buying new kit to improve that sound reporoduction you are in the minority because for the majority that is just as big a part of it. The day that stops for me is the day I put the lot up on ebay

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
ellisdj said:
Vladimir said:

And everytime someone tells you its a Fiat with a Ferrari sticker on it, drop in tantrum and cry untill he admits it is a real Ferrari.

Oh Dear *unknw*

TrevC

ellisdj said:
TrevC said:
ellisdj said:

if you dont enjoy / get excited about buying new kit to improve that sound reporoduction you are in the minority because for the majority that is just as big a part of it. The day that stops for me is the day I put the lot up on ebay

You could put the Isotek on Ebay without changing the sound at all. Useless doorstop.

Norris Cole

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
It's all got a bit dull and unneccessary on here, hasn't it.

Same few names posting the same firmly entrenched opinions, both sides of which are based on the 'facts' as they see them.

Three 'current' threads making the same (pointless) points over and over again.

Schoolboy stuff.

The only beneficiaries of this garbage are the cable brands, the names of whom keep getting pushed to the top of the forum threads. I wonder what this exposure is worth to the brands ? It certainly saves them some money booking ads on this website.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
ellisdj said:
TrevC said:
ellisdj said:

You could put the Isotek on Ebay without changing the sound at all. Useless doorstop.

*biggrin* LOL good one - I couldnt disagree more

TrevC

ellisdj said:
TrevC said:
ellisdj said:
TrevC said:
ellisdj said:

*biggrin* LOL good one - I couldnt disagree more

What benefit is it?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Previously before recent renovations and a dedicated mains feed to my AV system there must have been a lot of noise on the mains supply - not surprising at all

Without a conditioner on even the power amp I couldnt stand to listen to the system.

Using a Tacima improved things but also woresened them also - I tried the Isotek Titan (because its deisgned for high current devices like my power hungry amp) - things improved much further and worsened much less.

Now with a dedicated mains feed it could well be different - however I have built my own power distribution block for my front end components - this is fed from the titan outlet link and I have my linear power supply and sub connected to the titan main outlets

This will fuel your fire the power cable to the power amp is fed straight from the wall - this is preference to being fed from the Titan

TrevC

ellisdj said:
Previously before recent renovations and a dedicated mains feed to my AV system there must have been a lot of noise on the mains supply - not surprising at all

Without a conditioner on even the power amp I couldnt stand to listen to the system.

Using a Tacima improved things but also woresened them also - I tried the Isotek Titan (because its deisgned for high current devices like my power hungry amp) - things improved much further and worsened much less.

Now with a dedicated mains feed it could well be different - however I have built my own power distribution block for my front end components - this is fed from the titan outlet link and I have my linear power supply and sub connected to the titan main outlets

This will fuel your fire the power cable to the power amp is fed straight from the wall - this is preference to being fed from the Titan

So what was it about the sound of the system that made you unable to listen to it before?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I put the tacima in for originally an experiment based on its cost / review.

I noticed an instant improvement - reduced harshness / hardness, sound becomes more layered with more definition rather than just mush that you cannot make out whats what - this is very evident in a av receiver type system (high noise) especially in music playback

I upgraded a lot - from av receiver to pre and power - I had issues with the tacima and the bryston - the bryston would cut out - I now know this is due to restricting current or creating too much impedance - either way they dont work together which is not surprising - but I never believed it at the time - power is pretty much power I always thought

The only solution within affordability to address high current and filtering was the Titan - I got it used on a trial period from a good dealer with the option to return it if it was no good.

The Titan compared to the tacima is worlds apart as you might expect - it showed me just how much the tacima limits dynamics / compresses the sound - I now feel these are better than nothing but not products of choice.

I have not had any issues with the Bryston being fed from the Titan - Its only the last week or so I have bypassed it for the power amp because that mains cable manufactuer told me that this cable is best used that way - I had ignored this foolishly until recently

- I appreciate this is not inline with your thinking but just being honest.

The reason I couldnt listen to without filtering is becasue I was used to that sound - take it off the soundstage break down and became more of a mush rather than extremely distinct in its makeup. When I had the Tacima still I tried the amp straight off the wall - it was clearly more dynamic but as above really not near as defined and with clearly harshness added to the sound from noise on the mains.

You would think the bryston with 5 torodials and good design would filter that all out - but it doesnt - not with the amount of noise that must have been on my mains

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh the lovely shill poetry revealing before our eyes.

Bored-Baby-1284-e1337882630352.jpg

TrevC

ellisdj said:

I noticed an instant improvement - reduced harshness / hardness, sound becomes more layered with more definition rather than just mush that you cannot make out whats what - this is very evident in a av receiver type system (high noise) especially in music playback

I upgraded a lot - from av receiver to pre and power - I had issues with the tacima and the bryston - the bryston would cut out - I now know this is due to restricting current or creating too much impedance - either way they dont work together which is not surprising - but I never believed it at the time - power is pretty much power I always thought

The only solution within affordability to address high current and filtering was the Titan - I got it used on a trial period from a good dealer with the option to return it if it was no good.

The Titan compared to the tacima is worlds apart as you might expect - it showed me just how much the tacima limits dynamics / compresses the sound - I now feel these are better than nothing but not products of choice.

I have not had any issues with the Bryston being fed from the Titan - Its only the last week or so I have bypassed it for the power amp because that mains cable manufactuer told me that this cable is best used that way - I had ignored this foolishly until recently

The reason I couldnt listen to without filtering is becasue I was used to that sound - take it off the soundstage break down and became more of a mush rather than extremely distinct in its makeup. When I had the Tacima still I tried the amp straight off the wall - it was clearly more dynamic but as above really not near as defined and with clearly harshness added to the sound from noise on the mains.

You would think the bryston with 5 torodials and good design would filter that all out - but it doesnt - not with the amount of noise that must have been on my mains

If your gear originally allowed noise from the mains to affect the sound it is very poor quality indeed, and can't really be called hifi. That plainly is not the case, and because of the nonsense about the Tacima compressing the sound, I reckon you are imagining the benefits of the Isotek.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
TrevC said:
ellisdj said:

If your gear originally allowed noise from the mains to affect the sound it is very poor quality indeed, and can't really be called hifi. That plainly is not the case, and because of the nonsense about the Tacima compressing the sound, I reckon you are imagining the benefits of the Isotek.

But he can hear the benefit with his own ears.

That is enough apparently......*unknw*

TrevC

stefanom said:
The Great Cable war has invaded this thread.

I am going to order Chord Chameleon VEE 3. I will post here what I think of them.

I predict you will love them despite sounding the same as any other well made interconnect. The more expensive they are, the more you will love the sound.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
stefanom said:

I am going to order Chord Chameleon VEE 3. I will post here what I think of them.

Good for you and aplogies for the state of the thread - I have tried to keep it from deterioration but failed.

Ignore the abuse and rubbish that others will spout after you post your comments - they are mostly wind up merchants with nothing better to do, always looking for an angle for a sarcastic comment.

But dont worry its all imaginary none of it is real anyway

If you fancy trying others I found the cadenza was a jem in the Chord line up for price against performance but that might be a bit late now

TrevC

ellisdj said:
stefanom said:

Good for you and aplogies for the state of the thread - I have tried to keep it from deterioration but failed.

Ignore the abuse and rubbish that others will spout after you post your comments - they are mostly wind up merchants with nothing better to do, always looking for an angle for a sarcastic comment.

But dont worry its all imaginary none of it is real anyway

If you fancy trying others I found the cadenza was a jem in the Chord line up for price against performance but that might be a bit late now

We are telling like it is. It's you that everyone needs to ignore.

TrevC

Just checked out the price of this Chord interconnect. At £130 It costs more than the AKG550 headphones I bought. You have to be insane to pay that for a bit of screened wire that costs less than a tenner to manufacture.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts