Will adding Beresford TC 7510 DAC improve the sound of CA amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i have a setup of below

CA 640 azur V2 + Diamond 9.1 + marantz CD 6002 + Ecosse Best Boy cables + Chord Carnival silverscreen cables

Will adding a Beresford TC 7510 DAC improve my sound? I wish by adding a DAC my setup could sound a little warmer

Actually by adding a DAC what is the sound improvement of a overall system? in terms of detail? punch? soundstage? or clarity?

Best Rgds,

Alvin

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
if you're looking to add warmth, avoid the beresfords and try a dacmagic. the beresfords are great, but don't have a warm sound.

crang

Feb 17, 2008
Visit site
The simple answer to your question is yes it will make a huge difference.
I have nearly same as yourself C 540A ver 2 CA 450C and diamond 9.1.I got CA Dacmagic a couple of months ago. The noticable difference when connected to CDP via toslink optical are far greater sound stage. tighter, deeper bass, the best thing for me was the fact that i can connect via USB to my laptop and connect to Spotify which is a fantastic site, it is well worth the premium payments 10ukp mth to A; have no ads. B; streams at 364 kps. not a lot of difference to the CD sound quality, also rip all your CDs to laptop using apple lossless even better. The Beresford 7250 or new Caiman are just as good.

Hope this helps

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
just to throw another hat in the ring... when I first got a Beresford and put my old nadC521 through it it made next to zero difference. Don't get me wrong - I think it and the Dacmagic (not heard the Vdac although I'd love to) are wonderful bits of kit and essential for getting best sound out of a PC/Airport etc.

Its just the converter in the Marantz won't be chopped liver, so the difference may not totally blow you away. Be interested to hear how you find it.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I run a CD6002 and PM7001 combination, and there is absolutely no improvement by running via my TC7510, which I use now solely for connecting up my PC.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
vinod_david:Like Alvin, i too want to add warmth, but am wondering how can CA dacmagic, generally CA are little bright is the feeling, can add warmth ?

the 540 and 640 range are a bit bright, the dm is based on the 740. also, the dm has filter settings - a couple of which add a bit of extra bass and roll off the treble. but i was mainly comparing it to the beresfords which are not in the least warm sounding. they're more lean and mean.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

tayalvin:

CA 640 azur V2 + Diamond 9.1 + marantz CD 6002 + Ecosse Best Boy cables + Chord Carnival silverscreen cables

Will adding a Beresford TC 7510 DAC improve my sound? I wish by adding a DAC my setup could sound a little warmer

Actually by adding a DAC what is the sound improvement of a overall system? in terms of detail? punch? soundstage? or clarity?

Hi Alvin,

My thoughts are that you would experience little, if any, improvement in sound by adding a DAC to this system.

Can't comment on the Beresford, but the DACMagic doesn't have a warm sound; quite the opposite. It tends towards the lean.

I think the only advantage of adding a DAC to your system would be if you want to use other sources, e.g. using your PC as a source.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
tractorboy:tayalvin:

Hi Alvin,

My thoughts are that you would experience little, if any, improvement in sound by adding a DAC to this system.

Can't comment on the Beresford, but the DACMagic doesn't have a warm sound; quite the opposite. It tends towards the lean.

I think the only advantage of adding a DAC to your system would be if you want to use other sources, e.g. using your PC as a source.

I agree. You would need a better amp and speakers to get the most out of a DacMagic (so I would imagine the Beresford would be the same). Your cd player matches the level of your speakers and amp.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
tractorboy:tayalvin:

Hi Alvin,

just goes to show everyones ears are different, i wouldn't describe the dm as lean in a million years.

don't think i've read any reviews that describe it as such either.

A

Anonymous

By the way iam a singaporean :)

I went to my local distributor for beresford DACs and the shop sales was telling me . I should start off the 1st step by correcting my

power supply to the CD players and Amp. Meaning to change out to higher quality power cords to amp / CD player,

Then change the power sockets with filtering to supply clean no distortion power to my amp and CD player to feel the change and difference in sound.

I wonder is it true?

Best Rgds,

Alvin Tay

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Whoa there!

Alvin cables are a pretty contraversial subject on this site! You'll probably find that a massive debate ensues with some folk guaranting it'll make a difference and others promising it won't.

They'll probably get cross with each other.

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts