Budget amp with warm sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Right now I'm using Cambridge Audio Azur 340. However I find it to be too analytical/cold sounding. Can you recommend some other amp in the same price range? I've heard some good things about NAD. What do you guys think?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
2nd hand Arcam Alpha 8 or 9 integrated would be much better then NAD or Marantz.

If youre happy with 2nd hand then id go down that route via eBay. More amp for your buck so to speak... Very good for the upgrade route as you can add the matching or more powerful power amp at a later date

T

the record spot

I think Denon traditionally had a warm-ish sound to their amps, but the most recent product in the budget range doesn't seem to have scored to highly. That shouldn't put you off; it's only someone else's opinion, but you'd do well to try and listen before handing over the readies!

otherdude:

Hi

Right now I'm using Cambridge Audio Azur 340. However I find it to be too analytical/cold sounding. Can you recommend some other amp in the same price range? I've heard some good things about NAD. What do you guys think?

It will also depend what speakers you are using, but certainly 2nd hand Arcam would fit the bill nicely. Additionally, Nad will also do the trick well.

With the right speakers plump for Marantz.

A

Anonymous

You could even try picking up a creek cas4040 int amp on ebay they usually go for around 40 with delivery! cracking little 80's amp with a nice open and warmer delvery than those budget amps around today, plus its made with quality stuff too.

A

Anonymous

My g/f says wrap it in a scarf then it'll be warm....

Have to agree with the NAD though nice warm sound.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Arcam seconded here.

If the Alpha range are just too old lookin', you should have a butchers at the A65 or A75 from the DiVA range. I have an A65+, and find it very detailed and expansive.

A

Anonymous

I also vote for a second hand Arcam.

The A65 Plus is one of the warmest amps I've owned.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts