Box swappers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
IMO the only thing which could be upgraded in my system without causing an imbalance elsewhere are the speakers. I feel my serviced and upgraded C2+PSX combo could comfortably handle anything this side of £2k without becoming the limiting factor, especially when I've heard of the combo being used to drive AR9s without breaking into a sweat. But in reality I can't see me changing anything unless I could find the funds for a complete paradigm-shift and go active.

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
IMO the only thing which could be upgraded in my system without causing an imbalance elsewhere are the speakers. I feel my serviced and upgraded C2+PSX combo could comfortably handle anything this side of £2k without becoming the limiting factor, especially when I've heard of the combo being used to drive AR9s without breaking into a sweat. But in reality I can't see me changing anything unless I could find the funds for a complete paradigm-shift and go active.

I think you live in the Blackburn/Darwen area? Im in the same area, come have alisten to the IPL speakers I have, forget actives.. although you might need or want, a better amp ;) Pros and cons, all subjective.

Due to a room move-around ( thanks wifey ) the IPL's I built, and lovingly adore, are too big for the situation they are now in - they still sound awesome but mid-bass is missing. Same room but different throw dimensions so I might have to downsize. If Ivan at IPL can convince me the bass will be similar then I'll be OK with it.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
paulkebab said:
I think you live in the Blackburn/Darwen area? Im in the same area, come have alisten to the IPL speakers I have, forget actives.. although you might need or want, a better amp ;) Pros and cons, all subjective.

Due to a room move-around ( thanks wifey ) the IPL's I built, and lovingly adore, are too big for the situation they are now in - they still sound awesome but mid-bass is missing. Same room but different throw dimensions so I might have to downsize. If Ivan at IPL can convince me the bass will be similar then I'll be OK with it.

Cleveleys, so opposite side of the same county :) Thanks for the invite.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Macspur said:
It would take a lot of dosh to upgrade what I've got now, Accuphase pre/power, Burmester 061 CDP and perhaps PMC Fact 12 or some Magico's!, so it's a good job I'm content with my lot for the time being.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

I'm coming round to looking at new speakers. Magicos and Fact 12's are also on my list along with Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolutions.

Hey! I look forward to reading a new thread on that... how soon do you think you'll start looking and yes of course SF is a must to try.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts