Bose acoustimass home cinema-quality?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know anything about the quality of these.

Home cinema performance and stereo performance?

I have a pair of quad 21l speakers i need to sell due to space along with a mordaunt short centre speaker and a pair of mission surrounds,so was looking for a new home cinema set up with small speakers and great sound.

So any advice there would be great too!

Tonestar1

I've only heard the Acoustimass a couple of times, sounded good till they were compared with kef eggs and B&W M1s which both blew them out the water. The general consensus is that they are they are ok but not really worth the money. Well thats what I perceive the general consensus to be and I agree with it.

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks for the info!

Just looking around while i try to sell my home cinema speakers-so many choices !

A

Anonymous

Well problem is i love my Quads really dont want to sell but have a baby son,so need something smaller and safer for him.

A

Anonymous

i have heard the kef and B&Ws and they sounded poor and then i heard the bose i didnt look back when i bought the am10s they are that good the are far more musical than anything else so i would go with bose cause kef and B&W are stupidly over priced

A

Anonymous

boseman said:
i have heard the kef and B&Ws and they sounded poor and then i heard the bose i didnt look back when i bought the am10s they are that good the are far more musical than anything else so i would go with bose cause kef and B&W are stupidly over priced

Member for 1 hour and 7 minutes, are you perhaps a Bose dealer?

The general concensus here is that KEF and B&W outperform Bose on almost every front. The KEF eggs would fall in your price range and are well regarded.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
boseman said:

oh, and Bose stuff isn't?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
boseman said:

While I always give Bose a fair crack of the whip on here (as very few others do), I have to say that this statement is quite inaccurate. Bose have a market all to themselves - pretty much the smallest sounding speakers on the market, but I wouldn't pretend that they trounce larger speakers. Laws of physics. What they do, they do well, but small speakers will always come with compromises.

A

Anonymous

To be fair I don't think we Bose bash, we just feel that although their products are good at what they do (lifestyle systems) we feel better value can be bought, this side of the pond.

Personally my first 5.1 HC system was a Bose and I still have an Acousticmas 3 system in my conservatory. So I certainly dont have anything against them.

A

Anonymous

I would go for the Bose speakers as these are far better than the kefs and the B&Ws . they are small but they suprise due to how loud they go but i these speakers sound good both on movie and music

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Bose will always sell, because no matter how poor the product is, the brand is all that matters to a lot of people.

I've no real experience of Bose, though a friend once showed off his system to me with the words "look how loud it goes". He also had his new Panasonic plasma set on dynamic mode. Enough said.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts