Blu-ray player, Multi-region ??

A

Anonymous

There are plenty of players which can be easily hacked, sometimes via the remote, to be DVD multi-region.

Blu Ray multi region appears to need a hardware hack, but there are some such players, at a premium of over £100. See Multiregionmagic.co.uk for some examples.ÿ

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
marvsins:Just wondering if there are any multi-region players out or coming out ?
If you look at blu-ray players on the pricerunner website, pioneer, sony & panasonic offer multi-region players including the new players from sony & panasonic.

So your really spoilt for choice.

A

Anonymous

I was actually going to ask the same question. I have just bought the Sony BDP350 Blu ray

and I tried the multi region code via the all for one remote but couldnt get it to work! i spent hrs messing about with it.

Has anyone here had any joy or can point me in the right direction please?ÿ

Frog_gamer

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Full procedure for a oneforall remote isas follows:ÿ

1. Press DVDÿ
2. Holdthe magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.ÿ
3. Press 0533ÿ

4. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.ÿ
5. Press 994ÿ
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)ÿ
7. Press 00189 (if your oneforall remote uses 4digit or 3 digit codes, use less leading zeros)ÿ
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashestwice )ÿ

9. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.ÿ
10. Press 994ÿ
11. Press Magic Key (don't hold)ÿ
12. Press 00255ÿ
13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashestwice )ÿ

14. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.ÿ
15. Press 994ÿ
16. Press Magic Key (don't hold)ÿ
17. Press 00095ÿ
18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashestwice )ÿ

19. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.ÿ
20. Press 994ÿ
21. Press Magic Key (don't hold)ÿ
22. Press 00221ÿ
23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashestwice )ÿ

24. Hold the magic button until it flashes twice.ÿ
25. Press 994ÿ
26. Press Magic Key (don't hold)ÿ
27. Press 00079ÿ
28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashestwice )ÿ

The remote is now programmed and ready to use, tomake the BDP-S350 region free:ÿ

1. Use the remotethat came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure thereisn't a disc in it.ÿ
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the oneforall remote.The 24p light will start flashingÿ
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sonyremoteÿ
4. Next time you turn on the player it will beregion free for DVD playback.ÿ

ÿ

Source: AV Forum

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Not worried about multi-region DVD playback, just Bluray. I have no real intentions of buying an other DVD.

A

Anonymous

Can someone explain to me why you would want to make your BD multi region given the drop in the value of the pound. Seems to me there is little value in importing Blu Ray's from Amazon USA for example.

A

Anonymous

Some of there discs have more goodies on them, more special editions etc etc

A

Anonymous

pejwright:
Can someone explain to me why you would wantÿto make your BD multi regionÿgiven the drop in the value of the pound. Seems to me there is little value in importing Blu Ray's from Amazon USA for example.

ÿ

Less of an advantage than it used to be but as the post above says the main reasons were earlier US release, additional US only content, and some stuff was released only in the US - mostly US TV shows or movies which did not do well outside the US. There were a few discs where the extra content was very different between US and UK, and sometimes the audio formats also differed. At one time the price was an advantage and people who travelled to the US on business or holiday came back with a few discs - I did - and still need something to play them. ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts