Bleu Ray Player ? What to buy

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I bought a new tv Sony KLV40s400a It is full HD. I now want to upgrade my dvd player ( Nad T514 ) to a bleu ray player. I enjoy watching movies and want somthing that can deliver good picture and good sound on my NAD system ( 5.1). I was looking at the playstation 3 (80mb) but saw some reviews that say it is not the best but it is OK. I should also mention that I enjoy the occasional game. Can any one send me in the right direction must I rather buy a dedicated bleu ray player or will the ps3 give suffiecent picture and sound quality? Your advice is appriciated !

A

Anonymous

it is Blu, not Bleu just for future reference . But how much do you want to spend?

A

Anonymous

Hi Adler

I have a PS3 60gb, have found the picture and sound(via opitical) on blue ray movies to be brilliant, all depends on how much gaming you intend to do whether you get the PS3 or a dedicated player.

Alan

A

Anonymous

Shot thanks keep in mind engllish isnt first language Afrikaans is ! but thanks for correction

A

Anonymous

I want to do some gaming but it will be used mainly for dvd. Is the sound good on your system and do you run component or hdmi

A

Anonymous

I find that it plays dvd's very well, hdmi to tv, opitical to my reciever(no hdmi input), sound is excellent for films and games even though its a second hand system(Sony 5.1 amp & speakers), but will be upgrading later when i finally make up my mind what to get.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The PS3 is a very capable Blu-Ray player for the money (I use it with HDMI for both pic and sound via an Onkyo 905 receiver). However, there are better stand-alone players for the same money (think the new Sony or the new Panasonic). Personally, if you are going to go for the PS3 as a games machine anyway, I don't think it's worth buying one of the other players as well, though it may be worth buying a higher end player (like the new Denon transport when it arrives) for the ultimate in Blu-Ray. If you're not that concerned with games though and Blu-Ray playback is more important, go for one of the stand alone players.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
The Pioneer LX-71 is due very soon, and should be a superb player keep an eye out for the next What-HiFi Edition they are having a Blu-ray Player test with a fair few players including Denon, Panasonic, Pioneer, and samsung as i understand from the What HiFi Team so it willbe worth hanging on and check out the reviews, Just a thought.

A

Anonymous

TomW93:it is Blu, not Bleu just for future reference . But how much do you want to spend?

There is nothing wrong with this, just make sure you order it from a French shop.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts