Bitstream or PCM setting on Denon Universal Player?

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
For what? I'm presuming you mean bluray which you will need to 'bitstream' provided your amp can decode Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio in order to get the benefits of these uncompressed codecs. If the Denon amp is a little older it may only decode PCM in which case set your player to output this.

If it's for music only (you don't seem to have an AV amp in your sig) then set it to PCM to output to your DAC.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
HDNumpty said:
For what? I'm presuming you mean bluray which you will need to 'bitstream' provided your amp can decode Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio in order to get the benefits of these uncompressed codecs. If the Denon amp is a little older it may only decode PCM in which case set your player to output this.

If it's for music only (you don't seem to have an AV amp in your sig) then set it to PCM to output to your DAC.

Thank you for that.

It's for both Blu-ray (audio only and films) and for music DVD-As and SACDs. The bitstream or PCM setting option is on my recently acquired Denon disc player. That's fed, in turn, to my NAD DAC then my Roskan amps.

So, is it best to go bitstream for films and PCM for audio?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts