BI wire - How to

da_grudge

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Hello all. I just bought an Arcam AVR 350 and I have Monitor Audio RS6 speaker. I would like to biwire them, as I Know it can give a little better quality. I am going to buy Chord Carnival Silverscreen online.

The question is that I don't know how many cables I have to buy. I think I need to buy four cables as each speaker will use two. Is this correct? Then where shoud I connect the four cables on the amplifier?

Thank you for your help

da_grudge

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
What do you mean? Don't bother with what? What hifi gave it 5 stars, so I suppose they are good...

Have you heard of Anti-Cable cables?

daveh75

if your running a 5.1 system instead of 7.1 you can use the rear channel's to bi-amp your rs6's which will give better result's than bi-wiring imo. Incidentally, page 29 of the manual show's you how to bi-wire and bi-amp manual here if you dont have it.

da_grudge

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Ok. Thanks. I think I will buy the version already biwired here:

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/chord-carnival-silverscreen-biwire-speaker-cable-p-1971.html

Is there any difference between spades and bananas in terms of quality?

Also, is it better to have all ends terminated? Will it get the best quality?

tx

daveh75

Tbh, has no effect on sound quality whether you use spades,banana's or even bare wire! The main reason for using spades/banana's over bare wire are convenience, preventing short's from stray bits of wire and staving off oxidisation that may have an effect on sound quality over time. I always use banana's both end's, but if your only going to terminate one end with banana's i'd use them at the amp end personally.

da_grudge

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Ok. Just one more question. What do you think of these cables? Do you think they are addequate for my system? Arcam Avr350 and MA RS6.

I don't want to spend much more money on it, but maybe there is something better at an equal price.

Thank you for your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts