Best WiFi Internet Radio For my Stereo?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a Denon M37DAB and have just moved house. The Digital reception is shocking and I'm struggling to pick up anything now. I'd like to add a box to enable me to listen to internet radio to my existing unit, rather than a stadalone set of speakers. I've done some "googling" and Revo is one brand mentioned, but I can't find much else - can anyone help recomemd somthing please?

Thanks

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Another option would be to use a computer source and send the signal to the Denon by wireless using Airport Express/Airfoil software. I chose this route after looking at radio options - it might work better for you and be cheaper.

A

Anonymous

What type of TV do you have? Freeview, Sky?. Could you connect that to the hifi and listen to the radio stations that way in the short term?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Depends whether you only want to listen to UK stations or a wider range of streamed broadcasts. If just UK then NSYG's suggestions would be fine; if not, something like this

mondoWF.jpg

will broaden your horizons.

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

Thanks for responses so far, ideally we'd have the hifi in a seperate room to TV, and would rather not have to have my PC turned on constantly either. Perfect solution would be some sort of intergrate box sat on Stero with its own remote ready to go...

A

Anonymous

OK thankyou, thats the brand I mentioned at in my first post, I guess I was suprised there is not more on offer, so wanted to hear people's experience of the Revo, and double check there were no other similar products on the market. Maybe its an emerging market still but would have expected more choice....

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, there's no shortage of internet radios on the market, and almost all have outputs you can connect into a stereo system The Revo I suggested is, however, the only one I know designed to do exactly what you want, and no more.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you an Iphone user ? As there are several internet radio apps.

Not sure if the iPhone will work directly with the Denon USB socket or you have to get the iPod dock add on, another option (using aux sockets on dm) something like the QED uPlay which means you connect to your iPhone via Bluetooth.

Of course the above is only of use if you have an apple

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts