Best surround sound, speaker and blu ray package for £1000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to spend no more than a £1000 on a system. I already have a series 6 Samsung 40" TV, Sky HD and Apple TV and am looking to add a surround sound. Ideally i would like to go for separates and have noted the Jamo A102HCS5 speakers, Yamaha DSP-AX863SE amp, and Panasonic DMP-BD35 as a package that scores highly and would come in on my budget. However, ideally i would like to send all inputs through the amp and there are only 2 HDMI slots with the Yamaha, whereas i need 3 for the blu ray, apple tv and sky HD. Would welcome thoughts on the package and whether there are alternative options i should consider. Many thanks. Chris

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The Jamo's go very well with the Onkyo sound ( better than the Yamaha IMO) so you could match them with the new SR607 or 577. Paired up with the new Panasonic BD60 and you will get the whole system including cables for your budget.

Nick

A

Anonymous

As Nick says, the Panasonic BD60 has recently replaced the BD35, and would be the ideal Blu-ray player to buy. I've no reason to dispute his Onkyo - Jamo recommendation either: best thing to do would be to listen to the combination for yourself and see if you agree.

However, it's worth adding that the Yamaha DSP-AX863SE you mentioned has three HDMI inputs, not two, so don't discount it on spec grounds. It has sufficient sockets to meet your needs.ÿ

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

You could try B&W MT20 package and the onkyo amplifier 606 you mention I am sure as a combined package you will get a discount from a sevenoaks shop and then get close to your £1000 budget.

A

Anonymous

The B&W speakers are excellent both in terms of sound quality and build. If you can get them with that superb PV sub then even better but it would blow your budget!

I went for the MA Radius range and a hefty REL sub. These have been superceeded by the HD range though I dont know if the SQ is any better, perhaps one of the fantastic WHFS&V staff can comment?

I'm really pleased with the radius setup (Approx £500; see sig) the build again is beautiful and the sound sweet> Bass is obviously limited from the units and there is an occaisional boxy colouration from the centre with voices, though this may be common at this price point. For comaparison my previous centre was a Ruark Dialogue which was £350 RRP - IIRC.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Chris i would look at these, starting with amp something along the lines of the Onkyo 606, Denon 1909, and Sony strda 2400es all around the £370 mark. For blu-ray player either the Panasonic as suggested or to match the Sony amp the Sony bdp S550 £220. And for Speakers Q Acoustic 1010i, Tannoy Arena with S300 sub for around £400. Ok youm still need speaker cable , some Qed micro will do find, maybe XT for fronts. If this is still to much Panasonic bd-35 is down to under £150.This will give you a great system and can be easily upgraded bit by bit in the future, say you wanted to add Floorstanders to the Q Acoustics at the front, for a 7.1 for example. Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

thanks everyone, advice, hints and tips much appreciated. Will let you know how i get on. Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts