Best PC speakers for 500€

Ansem93

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi at all guys!

I'm looking for a new pair of speakers for my pc. I use an Asus xonar u7 as sound card.

I searched a little before ask on this forum, but the main question is: what is better between a pre-amp speacker and a passive one?

That's my biggest doubt, also because i'm looking mostly for two speackers: audioengine a5+ and B&W 685 s2.

Can someone help me? even telling me other good products!

Perhaps you would explain exactly what you need. Passive speakers require an amplifier of some sort and you don't appear to have one. If you are connecting them to a PC you will need an active speaker of some description.

Ansem93

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
So I can't connect an aplifier to my asus xonar u7? I really don't know :(

Yeah, I have a very old amplifier, but I don't remember the model and I don't know if it still works :/

so you think that active speakers are better? there is something better that a5+ for 500€?

the use will be mostly music: rock,metal,classic. There will be games and films too, but I don't care about them.

rainsoothe

Ansem93 said:

Yeah, I have a very old amplifier, but I don't remember the model and I don't know if it still works :/

so you think that active speakers are better? there is something better that a5+ for 500€?

the use will be mostly music: rock,metal,classic. There will be games and films too, but I don't care about them.

You CAN connect an amp to the asus, but you'd be dipping in your speaker budget. Imo, if it's for PC speakers, with that budget you're way better off picking active speakers. Look at Yamaha HS7 or Adam F5 (or Adam A5X if you can stretch budget for those).

Ansem93

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
rainsoothe said:
Ansem93 said:

You CAN connect an amp to the asus, but you'd be dipping in your speaker budget. Imo, if it's for PC speakers, with that budget you're way better off picking active speakers. Look at Yamaha HS7 or Adam F5 (or Adam A5X if you can stretch budget for those).
as i sad, my budget is 500€, so i can buy yamaha hs8. I saw the adams, but their really uggly! I don't look much about that, but in this case their really too much uggly :(

Ansem93

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Jon Edwards said:
They are both quite a bit larger than the Audioengine A5+. The most similar in size to those is the HS5's.

Height/Width/Depth in CM:

A5+ - 27 x 18 x 23

HS8 - 39 x 25 x 33

HS7 - 33 x 21 x 28

yeah sorry, i searched after that i have answered :( hs8 are really too much big. Or can I put them over a shelf? In that case, I'll have the space.

between hs7 and A5+ which is the better? looking only at the price, I would think that A5+ are the best between this 3 monitor right?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I recently got the JBL LSR305 active speakers + Lexicon Alpha audio interface. I got custom made TRS > XLR balanced cables. Can't be more happy with the sound for the price I paid.

Do your research on these gems.

gasolin

Ansem93 said:
Jon Edwards said:
They are both quite a bit larger than the Audioengine A5+. The most similar in size to those is the HS5's.

Height/Width/Depth in CM:

A5+ - 27 x 18 x 23

HS8 - 39 x 25 x 33

HS7 - 33 x 21 x 28

yeah sorry, i searched after that i have answered :( hs8 are really too much big. Or can I put them over a shelf? In that case, I'll have the space.

between hs7 and A5+ which is the better? looking only at the price, I would think that A5+ are the best between this 3 monitor right?

Not much bass from both

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:
I recently got the JBL LSR305 active speakers + Lexicon Alpha audio interface. I got custom made TRS > XLR balanced cables. Can't be more happy with the sound for the price I paid.

Do your research on these gems.

This is the kind of direction I'd be going in provided you can live with the looks of pro monitors (and lack of grills).

There's some good reviews around for these JBLs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts