Best (or worst) post wine hifi purchases?

Bradley747

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Any one care to share a story of late night boozy online hifi purchases? The kind when the wife or husband is in bed, you want to enjoy one more glass and the laptop beckons...next thing you know those speakers you have been reading about for weeks are on their way and you are frantically thinking about how to break it to the other half!

D

Deleted member 160668

Best: bought some Russ Andrews power cords for old linn setup after i’d had a few, got up the next morning with a thick head. Got them at a great price though so made quite a bit on them when moved them on.

Worst: bought a cd on amazon after a works Xmas party (so pretty inebriated). Didn’t remember until it arrived couple of days later. In my drunken idiosy I’d bought two copies, not one, and to cap it off it was of a cd I already owned! Lol.

insider9

I stopped listening and drinking due to couple of reasons. First I like listening in the dark, second drinking would always mean a volume related headache the next day.

What stopped me was knocking over a full glass of red (over half a bottle) in and around a power strip to which my hifi was connected. I still don't know who nothing blew up. But the mess was horrendous.

D

Deleted member 160668

We had a house warming party and one of the guests decided the perfect place to store their full wine glass before drinking was on top off my floorstander. Grrrr!!!

luckily I realised and moved it pre-spillage and displayed my very best death-stare!

thankfully I’ve never knocked a drink over my kit... think I might cry.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
20 years ago I got pissed up with my mate and the next thing was I walked into curry’s and brought a Tv which I wouldn’t of brought if I wasn’t drinking but I just went to the guy in the shop I want that one there I didn’t look at the spec or anything but the chap in the shop must of thought what very easy sell .

Bradley747

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
hehe, these have genuinely made me laugh today. Just goes to show it doesnt need to be online impulse buys, walking into currys (or tandy!) can still be dangerous after a pint or two!

thanks all

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
But on one occasion, getting very drunk with a mate (who was making a fortune in the oilfields), I recall staring at some beautiful cars in an Aston Martin showroom but neither of us could recall anything else.

A couple of days later my mate got a call from the manager of the showroom, thanking him for his deposit check, which had just cleared, and asking where he wanted the car delivered and how he would like to pay the balance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts