BEST HEADPHONES FOR IPOD AND HIFI

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi There.

I want to buy a good set of headphones and i'm interested in two pairs, they are the grado sr80's or sr60's or the bose on-ear headphones.

I've heard the bose and i'm highly impressed with them but i've heard the grado are very good. I've just bought a new ipod touch but i want a set of headphones to use on both the ipod and hifi.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If you're a commuter, you're not gonna want the Grados as they leak sound like nobody's business.

If it were my money, I'd buy some Grado 60s/80s for home use, and get some closed back headphones, or buds for the ipod.

If, of course, you don't use your ipod within listening distance of other people, then the Grados will be an excellent choice.

idc

GOR1972:

Hi There.

I want to buy a good set of headphones and i'm interested in two pairs, they are the grado sr80's or sr60's or the bose on-ear headphones.

I've heard the bose and i'm highly impressed with them but i've heard the grado are very good. I've just bought a new ipod touch but i want a set of headphones to use on both the ipod and hifi.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Hi GOR1972. An ipod is not powerful enough to drive the Grado SR80s and the sound is dull and uninspiring. I would assume that this is also the case with the SR60s as they have the same impedance. You really would be better with two sets for the two jobs. Amazon were selling SR80s for £90 and no extra for delivery the last time I looked. I auditioned both Grados and found the 80s more open and had better clarity than the 60s. I am also happy to recommend the Sennheiser mx500 for ipod duties, a huge leap up from apples own buds. I have also tried the Sennheisers using the Grado's adaptor jack through my headphone amp, but they lack bass and scale compared to the Grados.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts