Best bookshelf soundstage ?

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
What are the bookshelfs that produce a large, wide, deep sound that can reliably represent a symphonic ensemble?
Mine (Epos Elan 10)works well with jazz, acoustics, chamber music, vocals.
The room has 18 sqm, there is no room for floor speakers

Tinman1952

What are the bookshelfs that produce a large, wide, deep sound that can reliably represent a symphonic ensemble?
Mine (Epos Elan 10)works well with jazz, acoustics, chamber music, vocals.
The room has 18 sqm, there is no room for floor speakers
Here we go....
I will start with Dynaudio Evoke 10 🙂

If there’s not room for floorstanders, does that mean you are literally using a bookshelf? Many so-called ‘bookshelf’ speakers have the same footprint as a floorstanders when mounted on a suitable stand. And that’s how they invariably perform best.

The location will affect the sound more than which brand you choose. So please explain that, and also let us know what is the rest of the system.

Reactions: Al ears

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
There allways is place for floorstanders ....but there is a living room , not a studio or a dedicated music room .
The bookshelfs Epos Elan 10 on ST35 stands are on the long side ,in front of a piece of furniture (library, with vinyl records and gear) .Back distance to the wall , around 1 m. Distance to the listener 2m .
One 8'' subwoofer Dynavoice 90W RMS /125 dynamic in between . My plan is to get another one and connect everyone on one channel L/R
Hope this will get a bigger soundstage and heavier sound with minimum cost .And keeping my bookshelfs that I am pleased with.
after introducing one sub , there was allready a better sound ,to my surprise , the soundstage expanded

Was thinking about the Linton Heritage but they are quite big

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts