Best amplifier with dac under 2000 pounds.?

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
What is in your opinion the best amplifier with dac under 2000 pounds?

I have tried primare i32, the sound was too laid back and not enough punch. I am looking at peachtree audio 220se, but have not autioned yet, soundwise i want details, punch and air and smoothness... My speakers are pmc 23. Any suggestions? :)

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
yamaha A-S2100 ... yamaha A-S3000 both amps have outstanding bulid you can tell were your money is going

very good sound as long as the right speakers are matched you will be pleased . *smile* just seen you want a bulit in dac look at the hagal h360

Chr78 said:
What is in your opinion the best amplifier with dac under 2000 pounds?

soundwise i want details, punch and air and smoothness... My speakers are pmc 23. Any suggestions? :)

Hi Chr78

Hegel Music Systems new ROST is also worth a look. ROST is due to be released in November at a RRP of £2200.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Just to add - we had Hegel Music Systems Vice President Anders Ertzeid here on Thursday and he told me that the H360's (£3400) and HD30's (£3250) prices will be going up next month up by a quite a fair amount.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft
Is that just in the UK, or everywhere Rick?

Diamond Joe said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Just to add - we had Hegel Music Systems Vice President Anders Ertzeid here on Thursday and he told me that the H360's (£3400) and HD30's (£3250) prices will be going up next month up by a quite a fair amount.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Diamond Joe

I'll confirm and get back to you.

Btw, where are you based please?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Naim's Uniti Atom looks interesting.

For a little over budget Halo's new Integrated seems ok.

Bet the Naim sounds more involving though.

Like the look of the BelCanto someone mentioned but the Schmegel just looks dire (imho).

Nad has a new range out which borrow heavily from their top line products.

Times are good. Loads of choice :)

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft
Nice try! *lol*

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
These would be on my shortlist:

Cyrus Lyric

The newer Stealth/Stone models are £2.5k, but some older Lyric 09 models can be had for around the £1.5k mark which are excellent value. 150wpc class D amp, digital inputs, internet radio and now with Tidal built in. Yes it's ugly, but if you can look past that, it's an excellent package.

Peachtree

The 220SE model you mentioned has now been replaced with the Nova 150 (£1450, already available) and the Nova 300 (£2k, hitting the shops soon). Unlike their predecessor the 220SE, they now sport Home Theatre bypass if that's useful to you and an input to make the best of Apple phones/tablets.

NAD

NAD's C388 can be had for £1.5k. You can purchase optional MDC modules to add extra digital inputs including HDMI and the Bluesound OS giving lots of additional streaming options.

One final left-field suggestion:

ANTHEM MRX520

Yes it's an AV receiver, but as a modern digital hub it has a lot going for it. Really high quality amplification (100wpc), 2 coax, 3 optical, 7 HDMI inputs, 5 analogue RCA inputs and Anthem's ARC room correction DSP software. Easy integration of a subwoofer if needed too. Considering its quality and features it stacks up pretty well against some of its stereo only counterparts, especially at its asking price of £1.5k. And being Anthem, don't think you'll be making any compromises on sound quality by purchasing an AV receiver.

Diamond Joe said:
MUSICRAFT said:

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Diamond Joe

Should know more as to where and by how much later on in the week.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
As of 1st November the H360 (£3400) and HD30 (£3250) will have RRP's of £4000 and £3900.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft
Ouch! Bit of a steep increase but thanks for letting us know Rick.

(Have to confess I'd forgotten I asked about it *blush* )

TRENDING THREADS