Best amp for monitor audio rs6 av pack

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi torn between amps for the ma rs6 av pack. Demo'd an 863 liked it bought it but im due to pick it up and now im thinking 1900. Then out of the blue I stumble over a thread on a forum with people sayin yamaha is the wrong choice for the rs6 av.

Can anyone shed any light(MA owners) on this as im totally lost and dont have much time to decide if i need to rethink this

cheers

A

Anonymous

Yea true but am looking for sum evidence about the rest sum1 said they are picture differences or sumthing like blacker than black whiter than white issues. Can anyone shed any light on that for me

cheers

A

Anonymous

I have the Onkyo 875 that is an excellent match with my Monitor Audio RS8 AV system.
Try to have a listen to the 876, it has the effortless muscle to drive the RS package without strain.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
The 'Blacker than Black, Whiter than White' issue affected the 1900 and 3900, but was a US thing (started by gamers, I think) that really didn't deserve so much attention IMO. It has actually been fixed by the latest firmware update, but I doubt if anyone would ever notice a real world difference. If you can afford the 1900, it's definitely superior to the cheaper Yamaha, but both are excellent.

Arf69:

Hi torn between amps for the ma rs6 av pack. Demo'd an 863 liked it bought it but im due to pick it up and now im thinking 1900. Then out of the blue I stumble over a thread on a forum with people sayin yamaha is the wrong choice for the rs6 av.

Can anyone shed any light(MA owners) on this as im totally lost and dont have much time to decide if i need to rethink this

cheers

Hi Arf69

Yamaha AV amps are a great match for Monitor Audio speakers. We have sold this combination many times. The 863SE is excellent and will work well with the RS6AV package. If you are in a position to purchase the RX-V1900 then go for it as it is better than the 863SE.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

See the issue is that the 863 is there demo amp but they are making me pay the full 600 for it which is fair enough cos am gettin 25% of the speaker package but wen i foned about the ex demo 1900 the want 1000 quid for it to get the speaker discount which is a joke considering that they are selling new 1s for 800 so its a con

any advice what i can do i have already given them a 250 deposit an ma speakers have arrived at the store

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts