Grrrr Monitor Audio RSW-12 broken again!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I dont use my sub all that often due to neighbours but turned it on for a blast this morning as they are all away (Yay holidays).

Appears its broken for a 2nd time (I have owned it about a year and 2 days so warranty is probably kaputnik) - essentially the lights dont work on the EQ buttons. Rear light goes red when turned on and green when receiving a signal. But it does one of 2 things on the top 2 lights:

Either both lights come on faintly and if you press either one of the EQ buttons then one of the lights glows brightly while the eq button is pushed and then returns to the faint blue when you take your finger off.

OR

Neither light comes on and then when you press either one the EQ2 light comes on strong and then goes off again as you as you release either button.

Sub appears to function as I can hear it and responds to the gain control

Im sure I had the same thing 6 mths ago - MA were great, sent me a replacement eq section (tricky to change though).

As i hardly use the thing i am frustrated it has let go again after so few hrs use.

Is this common? Im gonna call MA when everyone returns to work

y

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
KBaudio:
I dont use my sub all that often due to neighbours but turned it on for a blast this morning as they are all away (Yay holidays).

Appears its broken for a 2nd time (I have owned it about a year and 2 days so warranty is probably kaputnik) - essentially the lights dont work on the EQ buttons. Rear light goes red when turned on and green when receiving a signal. But it does one of 2 things on the top 2 lights:

Either both lights come on faintly and if you press either one of the EQ buttons then one of the lights glows brightly while the eq button is pushed and then returns to the faint blue when you take your finger off.

OR

Neither light comes on and then when you press either one the EQ2 light comes on strong and then goes off again as you as you release either button.

Sub appears to function as I can hear it and responds to the gain control

Im sure I had the same thing 6 mths ago - MA were great, sent me a replacement eq section (tricky to change though).

As i hardly use the thing i am frustrated it has let go again after so few hrs use.

Is this common? Im gonna call MA when everyone returns to work

I've never had a problem but I've never turned it off. It's always in auto mode for me.

A

Anonymous

Not sure how you think the warranty is kaputnik?

You think someone would spend 700.00 on a subwoofer only for it to go out of warranty in a year.

I think if you reg the warranty with MA when you bought it, its 5 years warranty

A

Anonymous

Hi - so what do your lights do? Presumably lightup whichever EQ you press?

A

Anonymous

Hmmm - just figured it was a one yr warranty but never checked - thats great if they are 5 years (although i never registered).

I think what troubles me is its way too heavy to want to pack up and post which means they may offer me a 3rd EQ unit for me to install myself but i fear that there must be something else wrong here or i wouldnt have chewed through 2 EQ units so far - ie perhaps my power supply is defective.

Sounds like i need to get in touch with MA on Tuesday

A

Anonymous

Take it to your nearest MA dealer and they will send off for you free of charge

If you still have the box, tell MA you will post from Parcel2go as well and they will pay for delivery as well.

They are very very good.

A

Anonymous

Hey thats useful info too - i think i would benefit from returning it for the factory to resolve this time

I found it difficult to repair last time as you have to go in through the top (rather then the back which I think is dangerous due to energy stored in the capcaitors) and that means removing all the rubber insulation compound and its both a real faff, and difficult to do plus u end up with the nagging feeling it just aint as good as it was before you messed with it.

A

Anonymous

If they sent you something and told you to do it, and it was around the energy supply or risk of shock they could be held liable.

I would expect better service from them, I would tell them no way, and would drop it off at Audio T as thats the closest MA dealer to me.

Let us know how you get on

A

Anonymous

Let me clarify - the reason you have to go through the top is to avoid the power supply on the side.

A

Anonymous

Hi

yes I repaired it myself on MA instruction.

I think when I Spoke to MA - thy suggested the easiest thing to do given the weight of the thing was to repair it myself - just replace the equaliser, so they sent me a new equaliser ad told me to try switch it myself - I cant imagine that following their instruction would invalidate the warranty - that would be unreasonable.

A

Anonymous

Seems as they could not be bothered to pay for the shipping.

They might find it an easy job, but I would not do it.

For the money I spent on the sub I would demand them to do it.

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
canada16:

Seems as they could not be bothered to pay for the shipping.

They might find it an easy job, but I would not do it.

For the money I spent on the sub I would demand them to do it.

+1
That is why those things come with a warranty.

I hope you get the sub going again.

A

Anonymous

Called MA today - they extended warrantys from 1 year to 3 or 5 years in 2010.

I bought mine 31 December 2009 - 1 day before !!! so my warranty expired 4 days ago...... But they are helping me out anyway - so far customer service experience has been superb.

Will let you know how I get on.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
KBaudio:
Called MA today - they extended warrantys from 1 year to 3 or 5 years in 2010.

I bought mine 31 December 2009 - 1 day before !!! so my warranty expired 4 days ago...... But they are helping me out anyway - so far customer service experience has been superb.

Will let you know how I get on.

Your middle name ain't 'Lucky' , is it?
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts