Help choosing/recommending an av for monitor audio radius 5.1

Malamus

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi all

I would like to put together my first decent "system" and my knowledge is very limited. There are so many questions but first is as follows...

I have just purchased 2x MA radius 90s, a 180 centre and a 380 sub from eBay for their size, looks and recommendations (with a view to purchase the other 2 r90s as soon as possible)

<strong>I'm looking for recommendations on an av receiver to compliment them.</strong> Initial thoughts are leaning to the marantz 1506 as it is a good price, it's small so will fit in my cabinet and it offers wifi and blue tooth, but Yamaha seems to be highly recommended with the MAs as well

I love to come home on Friday and stream Spotify from my mac, through a 3.5mm jack to my current amp ( Sony dsg 910 I think, from eBay as a quick fix as my other amp was only functional on a few outputs) but also enjoy a movie through youview once a week.

i also think blue tooth and wifi are important to do away with the jack ( seems like a weak spot but that will probably be another thread!

i know many of you will tell me to audition amps at RS and the like, however, I'm not confident I will notice a difference let alone develop a preference.

Room is 5m x 3m

thanks

I had Monitor Audio Radius HD speakers in my previous, which I paired with Yamaha AV receiver. The combination is fabulous. I would recommend you look at their Aventage range. Even Marantz pairs beautifully with MA; I've got Marantz SR7009 with MA Trimless 200 series of in-wall and in-ceiling speakers.

Malamus

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks big boss, looked at your home cinema, I'd never get up for work in the morning if that was mine, excellent.

Glad I'm in the right area with the marantz and yamaha. I think the aventage range is out of my price range, but with a bit of DIY I can fit a 160mm high amp, so that should make more av receivers available.

I certainly require wifi and Bluetooth and happy to go second hand

Malamus

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Well, I think £400, hope that's enough.

the thing about budget is if required it could be extended but not for no good reason :)

i saw a nice deal on a nr1506 for £279

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts