best 46-47 inch flat screen

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HELP -really confused with the options available out there so thought i'd ask for some help form those in the know and those with personal experience of using the products reviewed on this site.

Anyway have a panasonic 37" CRT at present and want to ungrade to an LCD/Plasma screen - either 46" or 47".

Current signal is from NTL set top box and thinking of upgading to V+ HD box, but I don't want to fork out for a new tele and find the SD display is worse than my CRT.

Would also probably buy a Blue Ray player but we tend to use our current box for general SD viewing.

Wouldn't want to spend much more than £1000 on my new tele -and it must be good enough to impress the other half who is none too impressed with my plans.

Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

Freeview SD is not going to be better than your CRT, and a lot of channels will look worse.

Upscaled DVDs will look better, and so will HD sources.

A

Anonymous

Hi Leafus,

I have had the Sony KDL4500(paid appx £900 & think has risen) & now own a Panasonic TH46PZ81B.(paid £1047 this weekend)

IMHO I think that the plasmas picture has a lot more depth to it almost 3d in some cases & the picture looks more natural, but the LCD seemed a little bit crisper but I couldn't help letting the light bleed on some pictures get the better of me & then got the Panny.

If you want to get a set at around £1000 I would be tempted to either pay a little extra for the PZ81 for the additional features or if not & a little cheaper is the PZ80 or the 85B. I liked the looks of the 81 better as didn't like the silver bezel on the other 2 + I want the future use of the E-net socket & future Freesat HD which the other lack as well as a few other features. From what I can gather is that the picture quality id pretty much the same.

Definately look at the pro's & con's of each technology before deciding & you should be a happy person :)

Good luck.

A

Anonymous

Just got back from Comet and was well impressed with the 42" pz81b - though it was a Blue ray programme on display comparing it to the others it looked streets ahead. They didn't have the 46" which I think I would prefer - seems a bit of a waste of time going from 37" to 42" when there is not much in the price. Now need to decide whether to get a sat dish up and use the freesat or get the v+ HD box from vergin media - so many decissions!

m.j

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
the series 6 samsungs are worth a look , my mate bought the le46a656 for £980 and it looks quite good ,black levels are decent colours seem realistic ,

worth an audition.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts