Banan plugs

gasolin

I want some good banana plugs for my van den hul clearwater speaker cable which is a bit thin,i would like it with a spring for no more then 50€ i need 8 for my nad d3020 and boston a26.

What would you recommend me?

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi you will find loads for sale from £1 each and beyond. Iv tryed them all, i found on EBAY NAKAMICHI plugs £20 for 16. never heard of them??????? me neither but they are superd quality gold plated with aluminium outer they are very well made and iv had my for 2 years now no problems

i tryed QED and chord plugs found no difference

mikeparker59

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
robg1976 said:
Hi you will find loads for sale from £1 each and beyond. Iv tryed them all, i found on EBAY NAKAMICHI plugs £20 for 16. never heard of them??????? me neither but they are superd quality gold plated with aluminium outer they are very well made and iv had my for 2 years now no problems

i tryed QED and chord plugs found no difference

I'm using these too as you say good quality and fit to speaker cables nice and securely, also a nice tight fit into my amp and speakers. Good value for the price.

chrisr1718

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
robg1976 said:
NAKAMICHI... never heard of them??????? me neither

Never heard of Nakamichi? Seriously? Oh dear. I must be getting very old :-( Yet presumably I'm only six years older than you...

It's not the same Nakimichi. Apparentley THE Nakamichi have strenously denied that the banana plugs, bearing the same name, have anything to do with them. I use Chord plugs, a bit dearer but a nice tight fit.

gasolin

Have also heard that some are fake nakamichi plugs, not shure if they are good (the ones i have ordered), i have ordered 8 pair of W&M Audio BFA BS-516, (need 4 pairs for my zensor 1, the ones i have and use dont fit tightly) they are cheap, looks like they are gold plated (might be fake because of the price) are with bfa plugs and to screws.

Anybody who know if W&M Audio has a website?

http://hificable.dk/upload_dir/shop/BS-516_00.jpg

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
gasolin said:
Have also heard that some are fake nakamichi plugs, not shure if they are good (the ones i have ordered), i have ordered 8 pair of W&M Audio BFA BS-516, (need 4 pairs for my zensor 1, the ones i have and use dont fit tightly) they are cheap, looks like they are gold plated (might be fake because of the price) are with bfa plugs and to screws.

Anybody who know if W&M Audio has a website?

http://hificable.dk/upload_dir/shop/BS-516_00.jpg

Very good choice !

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I use standard red and black sleeved banana plugs (Milty?) that are soldered on to my cables.

They cost about a tenner for eight...

http://www.analogueseduction.net/banana-plugs/milty-cc120-gold-banana-plugs-set-of-4.html

(They look the same and cost the same as mine did.)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
chrisr1718 said:
MajorFubar said:
robg1976 said:
NAKAMICHI... never heard of them??????? me neither

Never heard of Nakamichi? Seriously? Oh dear. I must be getting very old :-( Yet presumably I'm only six years older than you...

It's not the same Nakimichi. Apparentley THE Nakamichi have strenously denied that the banana plugs, bearing the same name, have anything to do with them. I use Chord plugs, a bit dearer but a nice tight fit.

That's weird they even use the same company logo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts