b & w zeppelin V Denon D-M37DAB

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm currently looking to buy either a Zeppelin or the Denon M37 DAB with docking station extra. I have an Ipod touch 2nd generation which will be used with it. Which in your opinion is the better unit for quality of sound. I have no more than £500 to spend, so would you recommend something else better. The unit is to be used in a second living area about 4m X 6m in size and as such will not need to be moved around the house. Also can you confirm the Zeppelin charges the 2nd gen touch as I've read conflicting reviews on this matter. Any info gratefully received, thanks.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
also have a look at the fatman carbon mkII but don't buy with the matching speakers then pick up a pair of something like the MA BR1s

the carbon produces a really nice sound from ipods and also has a second input if you later decided to add a cdp - have you got a wireless router in your house if so you can use the touch to connect to internet radio so no need for a tuner

A

Anonymous

I do have a wireless router, I'll have a look at that thanks very much

A

Anonymous

yelnek: Also can you confirm the Zeppelin charges the 2nd gen touch as I've read conflicting reviews on this matter. Any info gratefully received, thanks.

Hi Yelnek

I'm not sure where you would have read conflicting reviews on the subject of Zeppelin charging a second-generation Touch. There's no reason at all why it wouldn't charge - in fact, we have one here in the office that works perfectly well with our Zeppelin.

Cheers

Shaun

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
B&W Zeppelin

All the way!

I'm not biased honest but I heard one on Saturday and it trounced the Denon IMO

Plus it looks funky and people will love it when they see it!

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
Andrew is right. These are very different products. I think you need to be clear in your own mind what you want, why you are buying the product and which criteria matter most to you. For instance, is it purely sound quality? How important is portability? What genres of music do you enjoy?

The Zeppelin is a great piece of kit, but has its limitations. The Denon - with good speakers on decent stands - will almost certainly sound much better, but you may prefer the flexibility of the B&W product.

As ever, the best advice is to go to a shop and listen to both products with some of your favourite music and see (or should that be "hear"?) which you prefer.

Please let us know which one you choose.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that

I've decided to go with the Denon in the end for a few reasons. I've listened to the Denon but cannot find anywhere within an hours drive of me that stocks the Zeppelin so I cannot listen to this and I'n not willing to buy something I haven't first listened to. My choice is purely on sound quality and the Denon does sound very good for a small system, I wouldn't say its HI-FI quality by any means but for the price, in my mind I don't think many things will beat it.

Thanks again for your comments

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts