B&W CM1 S2 Upgrade...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
If you can't hear them....and you're anyway like me....you'll regret not getting the better one, if you can afford it. It will eat away at you! Arcam's Class G are brilliantly musical IMO.

ROB2009

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Having slept on it, can't really justify that kind of purchase at the moment :-(

Might demo the new Cyrus One integrated amp which has an AV bypass mode. So it would be connected to the Marantz and used in bypass mode as a power amp for movies, and then switched for normal 2 channel music.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I think I'm right in saying that the Musical Fidelity M3si has an AV Bypass and would sound more like Arcam...so maybe worth adding to your demo list.

ROB2009

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Finally got the Neat Motive SX3's back on demo, with the bungs in the rear ports the bass is immediately under control without the excessive boom that was present before. Extremely pleased with the sound, very natural and listenable.

A new pair being ordered (with the matching SX-C centre) on Tuesday, once they bed in I'll demo some integrated amps.... Happy days :)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
TrevC said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:
The Abe has a 1000va transformer

It won't be any more powerful because of that.

True if you are talking about continuous output power in wpc , but it provides the means for much higher current delivery, it also allows transient output power to be many times the continuous output power, it is also stable into all loads down to 0.5 of an ohm and will drive any speaker connected to it regardless .

TRENDING THREADS