b&w 805S competitors with better bass

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Thinking of changing my speakers. Need a new shortlist. Any ideas of stand mounters at a similar price to the 805S. Id like a bit more bass performance.

A

Anonymous

If I was spending a bit more I would look at buying the Neat Momentum 3i instead of the Motive 1. If all you are after is better bass performance why not second hand 803 - there's a pair on ebay now and they normally go for £1600 -1800. If your system allows (are you still on Bel Canto?) you could also look at the Dynaudio Contour.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Long time no hear.

I guess you still have your MF KW.

I can't imagine many speakers bettering your B&W's at the price, bass aside. Perhaps consider adding a high quality sub?

Other than that, the speaker world is your oyster. Your amp certainly has the power to control just about anything but you know that.

regards

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi DM! Yeah mate for the longest time i can remember i am really happy with my system so not been on here much. Its just that i am a serial changer - i love the whole buying - selling demoing experince - so was thinking about changing speakers as i want a bit more bass clout. But i will not be willing to sacrifice any good bits of the 805S for it so it might not happen, no harm in looking though.
But the amp is amazing. Still not heard anything (i can afford) that comes close. I was considering a sub but am worried it wont integrate very well...

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
You may be surprised that I "upgraded" my 805s to cheaper Usher Be718, which have huge bass for a standmounter, not to mention a wonderfully detailed (but not bright) top end.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts