AV upgrade - help please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Pioneer AVX919 and wondered how much more I would have to spend to get a good upgrade?

Is it mainly output and would the KEF 3005's be good enough for more expensive amp?

Current equipment: Panasonic TX50VT20 -- KEF 3005 speakers - Sony 760 Blu Ray

My room is 16ft x 14ft

Thanks

Ian

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
IDB:
I have a Pioneer AVX919 and wondered how much more I would have to spend to get a good upgrade?

Is it mainly output and would the KEF 3005's be good enough for more expensive amp?

Current equipment: Panasonic TX50VT20 -- KEF 3005 speakers - Sony 760 Blu Ray

My room is 16ft x 14ft

Thanks

Ian

Do you mean VSX?

A

Anonymous

I think you'd be better off spending the money on some high end speakers

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Tricky one - I think you could upgrade the amp and the KEFs would send better (they're excellent speakers), but they probably wouldn't take full advantage of this new amp. However, you could also spend the money on upgrading the speakers, but you'd need to spend significantly more than £1,000 to get a decent upgrade on them.

I'd have a listen to the likes of the Yamaha RX-V1067, the Onkyo TX-NR708 and the Pioneer VSX-2020 with the KEF package (taking your current Pioneer along with you) to see how they compare. If it sounds like it's worth the upgrade, the decision is simple.

This also gives you a target for upgrading your speaker package further along the line
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts