Av-hifi rack

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I really need some help

been looking for a long time for a hifi come av rack but the trouble is I am finding it very hard to find one that fits and supports the weight of the Yamaha A-S2100 and its matching cdplayer are big units ... I also need to put a tv on top with sky box and small Sony DVD player on a different shelf

Dimensions for both units are W,435 ,H,157 ,D,463 mm and unit weight for the amplifier is 23.4 kg cdplayer 15.6 kg

i wanted to put both Yamaha products side by side each other so the unit would have to be over a meter wide also venterlation gap for the amplifier is important .

i have looked at the Atacama Av rack but at £250 per shelve I need 3 shelves plus a base that lot comes to £900 which I do not want to spend that kind of money as that's crazy .

is there a Av rack out there that will support my needs without blowing £900 with the dimensions I have put above .

I wanted something like a nice oak unit but nothing that will fit my dimensions of my units

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
I really need some help

been looking for a long time for a hifi come av rack but the trouble is I am finding it very hard to find one that fits and supports the weight of the Yamaha A-S2100 and its matching cdplayer are big units ... I also need to put a tv on top with sky box and small Sony DVD player on a different shelf

Dimensions for both units are W,435 ,H,157 ,D,463 mm and unit weight for the amplifier is 23.4 kg cdplayer 15.6 kg

i wanted to put both Yamaha products side by side each other so the unit would have to be over a meter wide also venterlation gap for the amplifier is important .

i have looked at the Atacama Av rack but at £250 per shelve I need 3 shelves plus a base that lot comes to £900 which I do not want to spend that kind of money as that's crazy .

is there a Av rack out there that will support my needs without blowing £900 with the dimensions I have put above .

I wanted something like a nice oak unit but nothing that will fit my dimensions of my units
I got an Optimum av300 stand but they do other ranges too. You can pick leg length on each shelf, the number of shelves too:

http://www.optimummodular.co.uk/product/av300/

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I would try eBay.they go very cheap second hand or maybe have the hifi on a good rack (as this is important) and buy a different TV stand.this is a great stand for your hifi if you what to get the most from it http://www.av4home.co.uk/atacama-eris-eco-5-0-3-shelf-hifi-rack.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAw_DEBRChnYiQ_562gsEBEiQA4LcsspPeDHIUVV82CBI8hr290wi_y42CFIVQPfM_jCy5-QMaAse78P8HAQ

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks gel

a bit like the old appolo rack I used to have one 20 years ago but the company has stopped making the glass racks but you could buy different spacers so you could have the shelfs any height you wanted and it was a nice wide rack too . Wish I still had it !

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
Thanks gel

a bit like the old appolo rack I used to have one 20 years ago but the company has stopped making the glass racks but you could buy different spacers so you could have the shelfs any height you wanted and it was a nice wide rack too . Wish I still had it !
They got a large range if you click on products and have a look:

http://www.optimummodular.co.uk/product-category/the-prelude-range/

http://www.optimummodular.co.uk/product-category/the-audio-visual-range/

I am pretty sure they cater for everything. If you search for the stand you like on Google too you can normally find them cheaper too.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Thanks gel

They got a large range if you click on products and have a look:

http://www.optimummodular.co.uk/product-category/the-prelude-range/

http://www.optimummodular.co.uk/product-category/the-audio-visual-range/

I am pretty sure they cater for everything. If you search for the stand you like on Google too you can normally find them cheaper too.
If you phone up Optimum they can tell you what weight it holds too. My av300 holds 100kg per shelf.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
hifiracks.co.uk if money's not a problem.

Remember real hardwood is harder to come by than rocking horse manure these days, so if you want solid oak you're going to have to pay.

Alternatively you could find a old wardrobe in a charity shoppe and have someone make you a rack out of that.

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
thank you gel

i have just been on there the Av300 does meet my needs the glass standerd is 10mm which is fine for my yamaha

£499 better then £900
£400 here mate:

https://www.chaseavdirect.co.uk/optimum-av300-audio-visual-plasma-stand.html&currency=GBP&language=en?gclid=Cj0KEQiAw_DEBRChnYiQ_562gsEBEiQA4LcssiiV_ygkBrYe5iAG-hnHt9qHm7xzm1SkmKbVjbauMSgaAiFV8P8HAQ

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
hifiracks.co.uk if money's not a problem.

Remember real hardwood is harder to come by than rocking horse manure these days, so if you want solid oak you're going to have to pay.

Alternatively you could find a old wardrobe in a charity shoppe and have someone make you a rack out of that.
this is the trouble with real wood it's so expensive to buy

as much as I like the proper wood Av racks £900 is just to much money I did come across real oak furniture that I looked at very nice for around the £350- £500 mark but wrong sizes .

its ok if your got a £30 DVD player from the supermarket then it would not be a problem but as soon as you stamp the word hifi or home cinema then the price goes up .

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
thank you gel

i have just been on there the Av300 does meet my needs the glass standerd is 10mm which is fine for my yamaha

£499 better then £900

I beg you please spend the extra few hundred and give hifiracks a call. Even the slimline addition. Its thinner wood but still tasteful.

Please dont buy that horrible glass from the bad 80s its just wrong on all levels.
Think of your wife. For heavens sake. Please

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Wife not too bothered Andrew

the trouble I have is the size and weight of the 2 Yamaha units they are big boxes and not the standard size of normal hifi boxes .

so what ever I buy will have to support them properly I do want a wood Av unit but having a hard time finding one without spending silly money . I have even looked at eBay at the old furniture like the 1960-1970s retro side boards which I like but a good one will cost you £300 -£1000

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Wife not too bothered Andrew 

the trouble I have is the size and weight of the 2 Yamaha units they are big boxes and not the standard size of normal hifi boxes .

so what ever I buy will have to support them properly I do want a  wood Av unit but having a hard time finding one without spending silly money . I have even looked at eBay at the old furniture like the 1960-1970s retro side boards which I like but a good one will cost you £300 -£1000

I was going to get a hifi racks unit and i also stopped cause of the cost. Are you interested in making one?

If you are let me know. Ive made one for only £60 and its strong enough to take many heavy yamaha muscle amps.
People are always saying it looks nice.
Ill send you some pics. Very easy to build also.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The thought had crossed my mind

I like the Atacama Av racks but £299 for each shelf *wacko* I mean they are using what hifi advertising on there site to say it's ok to spend £900 because what hifi says it's good !

I know one is forced to buy theses racks but come on £299 for each shelf it's a hell of a mark up on a plank of wood

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:

I like the Atacama Av racks but £299 for each shelf *wacko* I mean they are using what hifi advertising on there site to say it's ok to spend £900 because what hifi says it's good ! 

I know one is forced to buy theses racks but come on £299 for each shelf it's a hell of a mark up on a plank of wood 
what you have deserve a good rack.for me not to have a rack is crazy.all that money you spent on your hifi.im sorry it's a must

insider9

seemorebtts said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

I like the Atacama Av racks but £299 for each shelf *wacko* I mean they are using what hifi advertising on there site to say it's ok to spend £900 because what hifi says it's good ! 

what you have deserve a good rack.for me not to have a rack is crazy.all that money you spent on your hifi.im sorry it's a must
Quite agree, but a sturdy rack doesnt have to cost the earth.

Mine cost £25 second hand, mint condition. Sound Organization Z560 sadly not deep enough for Sabbath and not what he described. But takes 75kg per shelf, looks good and is more than I currently need.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

I like the Atacama Av racks but £299 for each shelf *wacko* I mean they are using what hifi advertising on there site to say it's ok to spend £900 because what hifi says it's good !

yes I know I've spent a tidy sum of money on my setup and yes it sounds crazy not to go for a Atacama Av rack it's just so expensive . I am still looking anyway still as my mind is not made up yet what to get . If I do go for the Atacama Av rack I would have to buy a section at a time until I have the 3 shelf's to complete it . But me being me I want all 3 now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts