AV amp and music?

Q Bass

Sep 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi

For around £400 or less what's the best receiver that can do good music?

I would love a DAB tuner but that is hard to come by so I would be adding cable box, DAB tuner, CD player and a PS3

I've a pair of MS 906i (which now work) for the front so they would be doing the stereo - what sub and rear speakers should I go for

I was thinking the MS 309 sub and a pair of 902i or maybe another pair of 906i for the rear

I've been thinking of many different solutions but maybe this would be best as there is not enough space to run two separate systems in the living room

Thank you for any help

A

Anonymous

There arn't many AV recievers 'good' with music for £400 but most would suffice. I suggest you look for a second hand Arcam or Marantz amp.

A

Anonymous

The cambridge audio 540r is pretty good with music and is probably the best below £500, Richer sounds sell it for £299. It also has pre outs so you could upgrade at a later stage and add a decent stereo amp to drive you front chanels.

I think adding more floorstanders as rears (906's) would be a bit overkill, the 902i would be a safer bet. How big is your room? because another option could be to use morduant short 903i bi polar for your rears.

The sub you mention should be fine and i would go with the 905i centre.

TRENDING THREADS