Auralex Gramma isolation risers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just purchased a pair of Auralex Gramma isolation risers to decouple my speakers from a suspended wooden floor as the room was acting as a large speaker enclosure & the floor resonating & bloating the mid/lower bass slightly muddling the midrange & treble...these work perfectly by reducing the resonance & the bass has sharpened up allowing the midrange/treble to extend well into the room more, stereo separation has taken an apparent lift as well, well worth the down to earth outlay if you are having any problems with suspended floors.
Cheers
Benny.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Fully agree.

I use them under the sub and both front speakers, due to problems with a suspended wooden floor; and have been recommending them on here as a solution for some time.

Good to see another advocate

Cno

A

Anonymous

They look a bit large for my situation. From looking at the construction would it be possible to cut them in half?

A

Anonymous

Cno I was quite surprised by just how well they really do work, it's always the good when real upgrades don't cost many wage packets, Cheers Benny.

A

Anonymous

RMutt said:
They look a bit large for my situation. From looking at the construction would it be possible to cut them in half?

RMutt I'm not sure if they could be cut in half without ruining them...on the other hand with a bit of care it may work out, Benny.

A

Anonymous

Thanks benny39 and basshound. Subdude is 15 inch by 15 inch, still too big a footprint. Is the material the same as the acoustic foam made for sound isolation that can be used on walls etc. I ask because I tried that foam under a speaker but it would not take the weight, squashed and rocked. Only the mearest touch would topple the speaker.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
RMutt said:
Thanks benny39 and basshound. Subdude is 15 inch by 15 inch, still too big a footprint. Is the material the same as the acoustic foam made for sound isolation that can be used on walls etc. I ask because I tried that foam under a speaker but it would not take the weight, squashed and rocked. Only the mearest touch would topple the speaker.

The foam is pretty solid and is rated up to a weight of 300 lbs. My speakers are tall and heavy so there was some movement.

To stop this, I've placed two Argos Granite worktop savers (placed beside each other) under each Gramma (which improved the bass even further); the granite is the same size as the top, and the foam doesn't come out to the edge - so I have made a wooden surround to fill in the gap, which makes the whole thing stable.

With smaller lighter speakers this might not be necessary (mine are 33kg and 1105mm high).

Cno

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts