Treating my wife this Christmas

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
insider9 said:
Townshend would be great but Auralex is 1/10th of a cost. Like with all of this kind of products I'm a sceptic but willing to try.

Quest, love the story. If I got her a cement mixer, my remains would be found in it the next morning :)

I know, but if you’ve been a really, really good boy this year...

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
BTW & FWIW the Townshends were a worthwhile upgrade to my PMC Fact 12’s when I had them. If I had any organs left to sell then I would buy a pair to stick underneath my MB2SE’s.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

He does the thing at shows where he puts phone vibration metres on top of them, and these are devices I can imagine work very well.

insider9

Gazzip said:
BTW & FWIW the Townshends were a worthwhile upgrade to my PMC Fact 12’s when I had them. If I had any organs left to sell then I would buy a pair to stick underneath my MB2SE’s.
That's a sound recommendation. She'll have to wait till her birthday though :)

insider9

QuestForThe13thNote said:
This thread has really put me in a good mood.....Love that anecdote insider. 

You could also pamper her and buy her some conditioner.........But not that type of conditioner........ but this type of conditioner;

http://www.isoteksystems.com/products/performance/evo3-aquarius/

I like the way you think. This is something I haven't... (cough) she hasn't got.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Can we all come round to yours gazzip and listen to your stereo this Xmas. I bet yours would be hard to beat of all 2 ch systems on this forum.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
He does the thing at shows where he puts phone vibration metres on top of them, and these are devices I can imagine work very well.

Yes, I saw that. Very impressive. There is a video on you tube of him demonstrating it with a pair of Fact 12’s. I have read that PMC recommend them, but cannot find the damn article anywhere!

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Can we all come round to yours gazzip and listen to your stereo this Xmas. I bet yours would be hard to beat of all 2 ch systems on this forum.

As long as you all promise not to move while I remeasure my room with you in there.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Gazzip said:

Yes, I saw that. Very impressive. There is a video on you tube of him demonstrating it with a pair of Fact 12’s. I have read that PMC recommend them, but cannot find the damn article anywhere!

i got the blurb on them from the Bristol show. I don’t think they are value when you look at the fact there isn’t really much engineering in them. My uncle makes scale model steam engines that take people around model railways and I’m sure he could make the townshend mounts on his lathe. The tech is basically in the mounts. You want someone who can rip one of those mounts apart, and then make them with the springs etc, then make them for a group at cost or small profit for their time.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Gazzip said:

i got the blurb on them from the Bristol show. I don’t think they are value when you look at the fact there isn’t really much engineering in them. My uncle makes scale model steam engines that take people around model railways and I’m sure he could make the townshend mounts on his lathe. The tech is basically in the mounts. You want someone who can rip one of those mounts apart, and then make them with the springs etc, then make them for a group at cost or small profit for their time.

I guess it depends how many bespoke parts are required, but yes I do tend to agree with you.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
insider9 said:
steve_1979 said:
If you really loved her you buy her some dimonds.
Lovely Steve, buy why give her Diamonds if she can have Red Roses

I still have one of these in my house in Andalusia...

tkshintaido-img600x337-1476003614ubxiuc3218.jpg

Sadly inaccessible at the moment, Red Rose model 5, beautiful EL34 goodness. I would love to organise a trip to rescue it but unfortunately not possible at the moment.

Last really good present I gave my wife was to take her to the game on Boxing Day.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
insider9 said:
I've demoed my Classics on M5 when I picked them up. Nice amp to have in your holiday home :)

Family disputes mean that I can not access the house. Beautiful amp, but totally absurd price, drove most speakers quite well but I would love to try it with something quite sensitive, modern JBLs maybe.

There is a rather nice Wadia CD player there too, the W861 is something of a tour de force in integrated CD players.

it is a shame that really great component hi-fi has become so ridiculously expensive, the JBLs in Vladimirs other thread are £15k a pair!

insider9

davedotco said:
insider9 said:
I've demoed my Classics on M5 when I picked them up. Nice amp to have in your holiday home :)

Family disputes mean that I can not access the house. Beautiful amp, but totally absurd price, drove most speakers quite well but I would love to try it with something quite sensitive, modern JBLs maybe.

There is a rather nice Wadia CD player there too, the W861 is something of a tour de force in integrated CD players.

it is a shame that really great component hi-fi has become so ridiculously expensive, the JBLs in Vladimirs other thread are £15k a pair!
Sounds like it could be an incredible combo. I agree the prices of gear have gone bonkers. And the higher end the crazier they go.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:

They sell like hot cakes in East Asia. Prices of vintage and new high efficiency JBLs is record high because of that region.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts