audio pro all room air one VS Monitor audio soundbar asb-2 for all the background music player.

thejoon

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Could you kindly help me on quick question below?

Models: audio pro all room air one VS Monitor audio soundbar asb-2

Purpose: all day background/ambient music for a year old baby

Music: classic, orgol, ghibli studio music, sth soft..

Source: alac from iPod (90%) and airplay from mac (10%)

Preference: fill the space with quality sound even with low power volume.

Wondering if soundbar (asb-2) could have better sound quality than ipod-oriented speaker (allroom air one)

- currently i have amp and bookshelf speakers, but looking for another one for convenience and better room-filling with low volume.

- reason for 2 models above: good what hifi review, liked design, like the sound of both company, like variety connection

But no chance to hear them in person (not available here in Tokyo)

- didn't like sound fromb&w a7 and bose ones

- liked beoplay a8 (no for design), a9 (expensive!)

- chance to use soundbar with TV:low but who knows I may use it later once baby grows up enough to watch movie together :)

Many thanks in advance

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The ASB-2 will fit better above/beneath a TV. It's also wider and a powerful, active design. However, not heard either. If sound quality is comparable I'd go with the Audio Pro at half the price.

thejoon

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! In terms of cost per performance, you recommend air one. Is there any one who actually heard of them and can talk about filling a room part? That's the only concern I put asb-2 into consideration

Thanks

Um

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I would look at the Monitor Audio WS100 @ £250 an absolute bargain. great low volume room filling sound. Plug the dongle in and run everything off the laptop, or plug in the ipod via the 3.5 input on the back.

would also give you a bit of left right stereo. I am super pleased with mine. might have mentioned it once or twice.

:)

thejoon

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Um.

That's good alternative but I don't consider any speaks which needs extra dongle.. also I prefer a single unit speakers. Both are only for convenience.

But thanks for suggestion though

Thanks!

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
How about the Monitor Audio Airstream S300 at £349 (only spotted this recently on their website). The £1000 ASB-2, whilst a beautiful bit of kit (for a soundbar) seems mighty overkill for keeping a baby quiet. Although maybe that's because I don't have kids!

thejoon

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Leeps!
I've never considered it, but it's very attractive to me.
Let me do a bit more research on S300

Thanks for advise!

btw, in general, in terms of sound quality, sound bar can't beat ipod speakers like allroom air or B&O A8?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts