Audio foo/woo thread

A

Anderson

Inspired/copied ;)

This thread was created to stop moaning.

People that imagine differences in kit that cannot possibly make a physical or measurable difference like to talk about their imaginary differences with other "like-minded" folk. They like to do so without any one asking them awkward questions, such as "how can that work" or "have you been able to hear differences using only your ears"?

So we created this "padded cell" for them to discuss USB cables, mains plugs, CD mats, de-magnetisers for non metallic products, speaker cables of different lengths, carpet noise and products with the word "quantum" in them, without interruption from anyone trying to better understand how things work. Or indeed from anyone who has any understanding of how things work.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I can say it out loud that I love all my Russ Andrews mains cables.*air_kiss*

few, feel much better now.

*yahoo*

ps. shouldn't it be an "isolation" cell.

*smile*

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It's really very simple...don't believe what you are hearing, but believe what someone else tells you you're hearing.

Now can we discuss something interesting, like where do you get spare parts for windmills, or how many days can you get from a pair of underpants.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
It's really very simple...don't believe what you are hearing, but believe what someone else tells you you're hearing.

Now can we discuss something interesting, like where do you get spare parts for windmills, or how many days can you get from a pair of underpants.

Something you want to tell us? *bad* *biggrin*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

I'm seing the Sun revolves arround the Earth and the Earth looks flat, yet science tells me it's vice versa. Who do I trust? My senses or science?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Vladimir said:
CnoEvil said:

I'm seing the Sun revolves arround the Earth and the Earth looks flat, yet science tells me it's vice versa. Who do I trust? My senses or science?

This is about Hearing....please try to keep up!

TrevC

CnoEvil said:

It's not that at all. It's about listening and comparing the things that do make a difference rather that wasting your time listening for differences that cannot possibly exist.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Vladimir said:
CnoEvil said:

This is about Hearing....please try to keep up!

Your auditory memory is approx. 4 seconds long like with any human. Your subjective impressions from your own auditioning of gear is of no informative value to anyone. Why do you insist on telling people to ignore scientific facts and listen to you? PP said he is a hi-fi authority because he owned many amps. What's your story?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
TrevC said:
CnoEvil said:

It's not that at all. It's about listening and comparing the things that do make a difference rather that wasting your time listening for differences that cannot possibly exist.

In other words, if they do happen to try for themselves, they are not hearing what they are hearing, if they hear a difference.

TrevC

CnoEvil said:
TrevC said:
CnoEvil said:

In other words, if they do happen to try for themselves, they are not hearing what they are hearing, if they hear a difference.

It depends what you are talking about.

TRENDING THREADS