Apple Lossless file playback on Sony BDP-S570

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Recently purchased a Sony BDP-S570 (on impluse) and was a bit disappointed to find that you can't stream Apple Lossless files from your DNLA server. Does anyone know if this is likely to be included in any future firmware updates? It also doesn't recognise 99% of my JPEG pictures, the the 1% taken on my rubbish mobile phone. I have contacted Sony but still waiting for a response.

John Duncan

Well I was kind of expecting my Sony telly to be able to recognise them via Elgato Eyeconnect, but no (even though it's supposed to decode them on the fly). It's like it looks at the file extensions rather than trying to play them...

A

Anonymous

If u want your BDP-S570 (or any other device for that matter) to play additional formats it is possibleusing a transcoding UPNP media server called Tversity on ur pc. U would need to have ur pc running though.

Dont be put off - its not as hard as it seems - in fact its relatively simple.

What u do is add a profile for your player/tv/whatever (there are existing ones u can use as a template). Then u basically list the formats u player supports, along with a list of all the other formats u wish to play - and tversity will transcode the formats where necessary to play on ur player. Once its setup - its seamless.

Use google and u will even find a couple of guides on how to do it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts