Apex Vetoed....Shall I stick or twist

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well after demoing, putting a deposit down and looking forward to collecting next week, my wife has looked at them and decided to Veto them. She does not like the way the A10 sits off the wall on the bracket rather than fitting flush to the wall like the R250 HDs do. So the other option would be to replace all five with the White, Jamo D500 THX speakers, but the nearest dealer is not local and does not have these on demo for me to listen to. So I could just go ahead with the apex, like I did with the RX1 & RXCs about 6 months ago and ended up changing due to nagging. The other alternative would be the KEF T301's but I may have a hard time getting these past the Mrs as they are black. Could any one who has heard the Jamo's (especially the WHF team) give me their impression of how these stack up against the apex (FYI not particularly interested in music reproduction).

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I'm still banking on the T-series being released in white, I don't see the point of them being in black, if they're supposed to be low-profile flush-fitting then surely you buy them because you want them to disappear against the wall. How are they supposed to do that in black?

Oh, veto by the way, no need for the capital V either. Unless you're talking about a Mercedes van I guess...

A

Anonymous

Never was any good at spelling and too inpatient to look it up, I'll change it though.

I agree 100% about the black finish and exactly what my other half says about white speakers, especially with our decor.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
If funds allow you should go for A40's all round. They are smaller than the R250 and sit much much closer to the wall.
They will also be better than the A10's.

Just a thought

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
jiggyjoe:Is it really worth it given the speakers you have already??? Not big enough upgrade if you ask me.

The RadiusHD are fantastic but the Apex take it to another level.

What do you think about the Monitor Audio SoundFrame? You can have your own pictures printed on it as well.

297.jpg

grillelifestyle_1.jpg

bigboss:
What do you think about the Monitor Audio SoundFrame? You can have your own pictures printed on it as well.

297.jpg

grillelifestyle_1.jpg

Hi bigboss

Monitor Audio's new SoundFrame speakers are excellent as well
emotion-1.gif
with the icing on the cake being the option of your own pictures printed on the grilles
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:bigboss:

Hi bigboss

emotion-1.gif
with the icing on the cake being the option of your own pictures printed on the grilles
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

You know, the MA SoundFrame speakers are really good and apparently you can have your own pictures printed on them as well!

A

Anonymous

ric71:If funds allow you should go for A40's all round. They are smaller than the R250 and sit much much closer to the wall.

Just a thought

Ric, yeh I thought about this option, seems a little OTT, keeping in mind the AVR I have currently, not thinking about an upgrade there for a while, as I'm saving up for a new TV is year.

How far off the wall does your A40 sit?

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:bigboss:

297.jpg

grillelifestyle_1.jpg

Hi bigboss

emotion-1.gif
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Thought about the sound frame, a little expensive though, does anybody know whether these use the same dimpled drivers as the Apex range or the same drivers as the Raduis HD, I might be wrong, but I think this is where the key difference is, which why I'm not settled wth the R250's after having th RX1's.

Don't know if I like the idea of the pictures on the frames.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
markjaspi:Well after demoing, putting a deposit down and looking forward to collecting next week, my wife has looked at them and decided to Veto them. She does not like the way the A10 sits off the wall on the bracket rather than fitting flush to the wall like the R250 HDs do. So the other option would be to replace all five with the White, Jamo D500 THX speakers, but the nearest dealer is not local and does not have these on demo for me to listen to. So I could just go ahead with the apex, like I did with the RX1 & RXCs about 6 months ago and ended up changing due to nagging. The other alternative would be the KEF T301's but I may have a hard time getting these past the Mrs as they are black. Could any one who has heard the Jamo's (especially the WHF team) give me their impression of how these stack up against the apex (FYI not particularly interested in music reproduction).

Tell her if you cancel the order, you'll lose your deposit.

Hopefully her sense of thriftiness trumps her sense of aesthetics.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thx Big Chris, tried that one, but she knows the dealer will give me the deposit back or let me use it for something else!

the_lhc:MUSICRAFT:bigboss:

Hi bigboss

emotion-1.gif
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

You know, the MA SoundFrame speakers are really good and apparently you can have your own pictures printed on them as well!

Hi the_lhc

emotion-2.gif

Btw, i am a great fan of yours and to honour you i was thinking about using your fine avatar on our SoundFrames
emotion-4.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:the_lhc:MUSICRAFT:bigboss:

Hi bigboss

emotion-1.gif
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi the_lhc

emotion-2.gif

Btw, i was thinking about using your fine avatar on our SoundFrames
emotion-4.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

And I thought your gonna comment on the Jamo's then lol

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:the_lhc:MUSICRAFT:bigboss:

Hi bigboss

emotion-1.gif
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi the_lhc

emotion-2.gif

Btw, i am a great fan of yours and to honour you i was thinking about using your fine avatar on our SoundFrames
emotion-4.gif

Hmm, hoisted by my petard, as I have to admit, joking aside, that would be a really cool idea!

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
markjaspi:ric71:If funds allow you should go for A40's all round. They are smaller than the R250 and sit much much closer to the wall.

Just a thought

Ric, yeh I thought about this option, seems a little OTT, keeping in mind the AVR I have currently, not thinking about an upgrade there for a while, as I'm saving up for a new TV is year.

How far off the wall does your A40 sit?

Hi markjaspi,

My A40 is not wall mounted but looking at the bracket it will sit out about half an inch from the wall.

A40's alll round may be overkill but will sound wicked and you wont need to upgrade in the future even if you go for a high end receiver or processor /power amp.....just a thought
emotion-55.gif

Ric

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts