Anyone tried ReClock for audio??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After seeing a link to this from another thread I thought I would see if anyone else uses it.

It seems to provide a simple way to bypass your soundcard when using a PCM direct digital output no matter what audio player you use. This is good news for those who want to use WMP.

I'm guessing all audio from all programs goes through this (providing you select, 'force reclock to be loaded instead of default audio driver') including spotify!

It is the first time I have noticed an audible difference when changing settings for a digital output. Give it a try yourself if you are using a digital PC>DAC setup, and tell us what you think.

A quick Google will point you in the right direction.

A

Anonymous

I use Reclock for my HTPC. I watch BluRay on Media Player Classic - Home Cinema and TV on DVBViewer, Reclock gives me WASAPI output and also corrects lip sync, drop outs and video stutter.

However Foobar is still the Daddy for music.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Brisk:After seeing a link to this from another thread I thought I would see if anyone else uses it. It seems to provide a simple way to bypass your soundcard when using a PCM direct digital output no matter what audio player you use. This is good news for those who want to use WMP. I'm guessing all audio from all programs goes through this (providing you select, 'force reclock to be loaded instead of default audio driver') including spotify! It is the first time I have noticed an audible difference when changing settings for a digital output. Give it a try yourself if you are using a digital PC>DAC setup, and tell us what you think. A quick Google will point you in the right direction.

How do you make it work with WMP, just tried and nothing? According to the instructions http://homepage.ntlworld.com/seemoredigital/05_How_to..._Files/Other%20How%20to...%20Guides/How%20to...%20Use_ReClock_%20(v1.2)/ReClock%20(v1.2).html it should appear in your task tray when playing a song?

A

Anonymous

Reclock does work with Vista.

In the setting you can ask it to be force loaded instead of DirectSound/Wave/PowerDVD. Therefore when using WMP it should automatically enable.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
adamshaw:

In the setting you can ask it to be force loaded instead of DirectSound/Wave/PowerDVD. Therefore when using WMP it should automatically enable.

Just tried that and I get an error 'cannot change bypass audio renderers status - please reinstall Reclock'

I have reinstalled and get the same error. Is it because I have WASAPI running on foobar or something?

A

Anonymous

mattjax05:adamshaw:

Just tried that and I get an error 'cannot change bypass audio renderers status - please reinstall Reclock'

I have reinstalled and get the same error. Is it because I have WASAPI running on foobar or something?

I just tried it on my PC. I get no error but Reclock does not work either. I'm using Vista64. I don't get the error that you quote though. However it does work fine with the other applications I mentioned. It could well be because WMP is not designed to work in WASAPI mode and Reclock cannot overide that fact.

Reclock is a useful utility all the same. Try Foobar2000.

(I assume you are not running Foobar in the background or some other program with Reclock. WASAPI is for running audio exclusively, meaning it cannot be shared with another application.)

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
adamshaw:mattjax05:adamshaw:

I just tried it on my PC. I get no error but Reclock does not work either. I'm using Vista64. I don't get the error that you quote though. However it does work fine with the other applications I mentioned. It could well be because WMP is not designed to work in WASAPI mode and Reclock cannot overide that fact.

Reclock is a useful utility all the same. Try Foobar2000.

(I assume you are not running Foobar in the background or some other program with Reclock. WASAPI is for running audio exclusively, meaning it cannot be shared with another application.)

Can't seem to shift this error!!!! No other programs are running when I tried wmp. Does Spotify work with this do you know, have you tried it? My Spotify outputs at 48khz at the moment.

A

Anonymous

Sorry I don't use Spotify.

I would check and see if your sound hardware device drivers are up to date, that may help.

A

Anonymous

1) Reclock definitely works in Vista 64 providing you are running a 32 bit media application.

2) WSAPI output (Vista) will only work if you are using the Slysoft version. They took up the development about two years ago

3) If using ReClock to kernel stream/WSAPI BluRay/DVD movie audio always lock ReClock's clock to the Soundcard to avoid any resampling. ReClock was orignally developed for TV output to a large CRT screen, however with the advent of progressive LCD screens this function is not as important as bypassing the Kmixer (XP) or running applications in exlcusive mode (Vista).

4) For any PC running multiple soundcards (I run 3), ReClock's control panel is a must.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi thanks - any advise with my error though - 'cannot change bypass audio renderers status - please reinstall Reclock'

I get this when I try to force or set ReClock in the configuration. Can't seem to get it working at all on WMP?

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
bendrummond:

2) WSAPI output (Vista) will only work if you are using the Slysoft version. They took up the development about two years ago

Now installed this version and no errors however I can't get it to enable with WMP, also do you know if it will work on Spotify. Help would be appreciated, thanks, Matt

A

Anonymous

Hi,

1) I do not use Spotify so cannot comment on that.

2) Regarding WMP, I assume you are using version 11 on a Vista machine and trying to play .mp3 files ? WMP11 uses an DMO audio codec for any file with the extension .mp3 (that's Microsoft for you !). If you copy an .mp3 file and rename it .mp4, WMP11 will use Direct Show filters to open the file and ReClock should be used as the default renderer. The hack/solution to this is to look in the windows/system32 folder for a file called mfpmp.exe and add the extension .old to it, so windows cannot run the DMO codecs and resorts to Direct Show instead. A search on the internet will tell you all about mfpmp.exe and what it's for. The other good advantage of this is that you can then install your own MP3 direct show codec such as FFDShow (based on libmad) or Mpeg123. Even though MP3 decoders should in theory all sound the same, I prefer libmad, and it is nice to have the choice if nothing else.

Its a moot point whether it is worth perservering with WMP for audio, given the steps above or just try something like Foobar or Media Monkey instead, but for someone like me who uses Power DVD 7 Ultra for BluRay movies and Media Player Classic Home Theater, ReClock is essential for the best possible audio. Incidentally only Reclock 1.8.3.9 and earlier seems to work with Power DVD 7 Ultra.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
bendrummond:Reclock definitely works in Vista 64 providing you are running a 32 bit media application

Hi Ben, I'm hoping you can help me to get bit perfect stereo audio using WMP (32bit) in Windows 7 x64. I've got Slysoft's ReClock 1.8.5.5 installed. I'm using an Asus Xonar Essence ST soundcard via SPDIF to my DacMagic. I've tried Foobar2000 with the WASAPI plugin installed and have successfully played my WMA Lossless library of music which includes some 24bit/96kHz tracks. Windows volume was disabled and my DacMagic input showed the changes in input signal i.e. 44.1 or 96kHz. However, I couldn't get on with Foobar and want to use WMP.

I've uninstalled Foobar, but ReClock doesn't seem to be working with WMP (32 bit). I've configured ReClock to use WASAPI exclusive and it's forced as the default renderer. Any ideas what needs to be done? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Pete,

I have not yet dabbled with Windows 7 yet, but I know it makes more use of Media Foundation codecs in WMP 12 which will stop ReClock working as that is Direct Show, and Media Foundation always takes priority.

However there are various ways on the Internet of tweaking this to default to direct show.

One simple way to test ReClock, is download Media Player Classic which is Direct Show Based and allows you specifically select the audio renderer (ReClock). If you do some digging for "MPC Audio Renderer", you should also find a link to this new WASPI Direct Show audio renderer which has not officially been released yet but works a treat (Vista/W7 only), as an alternative to ReClock.

The problem I think you will have is that the WMA codec on Windows 7 will be Media Foundation so not sure if you could get WMP12 to use direct show instead.

What is even more frustrating is that Windows Media Player will actually run in Exclusive Mode (Bit Perfect) but only if you have Digital Speakers connected (grrrr).

TRENDING THREADS