Anyone heard any full-featured mid-price Freeview PVR/DVD-HD rumours?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Just looking at my own wish-list, what's on the market already and what other people I talk to want, we can't be very far from being able to buy one box that has ...
  • a freeview HD tuner with a reasonable-sized HDD - ideally one that allows me to watch one and record the other
  • a good EPG
  • a DVD-R that plays CDs as well
  • comes in at a mid-price (£200-£350)
One that lets me watch Blue Ray disks would be even better!

I keep meaning to buy something to cover all of these, but I think I want to wait for one box to cover the lot. Anyone heard any rumours?

A

Anonymous

Ahem. Yes. I see your point on the rethinking.

All of that said, all of these markets seem to be dominated by a need to get the right-priced components in and shift volume - so a sub-£300 one can't be that far away, can it?

I'm glad there's one that records Blu-Ray though.

daveh75

Pauliewaulie:all of these markets seem to be dominated by a need to get the right-priced components in and shift volume - so a sub-£300 one can't be that far away, can it?Well they've already dropped a fair bit tbh, the DMR-BW880 was originally the best part of £1000...

Though the original Freesat versions were also ludicrously priced to start with, and prices dropped like a stone,so you never know they're still maybe movement in those prices yet.

A

Anonymous

I've just seen the Philips HDT8520 at £225 - and a similar offering from Humax for about £70 more. These are both affordable Freview + HD PVRs.

Surely it can't be long now before someone sticks at least a DVD-R onto one of these? I'm sort-of holding off buying simply because I don't want too many boxes in the house...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts