Anyone had a demo of Rega Brio R, Cyrus One, and/or Musical Fidelity M2si ?

Hawkmoon

Feb 19, 2020
Visit site
Anyone demoed a Rega Brio R versus Cyrus One vs Mobile Fidelity M2si ? All similar price - I will try to demo locally but it's not easy because of lockdown, hence why I'm asking. If you haven't demoed them against each other I would still be interested to hear from anyone who has heard any of these amps

Gray

Anyone demoed a Rega Brio R versus Cyrus One vs Mobile Fidelity M2si ?
No, but I'll predict two things for you.
1) If you get to compare them, you'll be glad you did.
2) Subject to a reasonable speaker match, you'll soon lose your fear of a lack of tone controls.
You can let me know if I'm wrong.
PS I'm with you on the need for crisp and vibrant treble - wouldn't be without it.

Last edited:

DELBOY14

May 6, 2017
Visit site
Lockdown finished two weeks back for shops, get on the phone and book yourself in for some demo's, also look at spending double the price as that's where things really start to happen sound wise. Assuming you have the funds or maybe lend a little.
I just listened to a Audiolab 8300A, a Rega Elex-R and a Musical Fidelity M3si, I walked away with the M3si, now I am having to listen to all my Vinyl and CD's again because there is so much more on them be it information or instrument tones that are now so much more accurate, so much hard work !

DELBOY14

May 6, 2017
Visit site
That's a great position to be in.
What was your old amp Delboy?
Marantz Ki CD, Marantz Ki PM66 amp, Monitor Audio 5 Bronze, Chord Clearway speaker cable and Chord Clearway RCA leads, the Marantz Ki's are old but both highly rated by the hifi press, the CD has a new lazer, just that the amp went wrong for the second time and so I decided to replace it, the bass control was very good tight with no booming. I like the bass to be controlled and slightly dry so that you can hear bass strings tone and pitch fad away.

Lockdown finished two weeks back for shops, get on the phone and book yourself in for some demo's, also look at spending double the price as that's where things really start to happen sound wise. Assuming you have the funds or maybe lend a little.
I just listened to a Audiolab 8300A, a Rega Elex-R and a Musical Fidelity M3si, I walked away with the M3si, now I am having to listen to all my Vinyl and CD's again because there is so much more on them be it information or instrument tones that are now so much more accurate, so much hard work !
That would depend which part of the UK you happen to live in.....
Enjoy that MF

Reactions: DELBOY14

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts