Question Rega, Musical Fidelity, Cambridge Audio or...

niramx

Apr 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone!

Since there is a lockdown and it's impossible to audition following amps, can you please make a comment if you had opportunity to hear some of those: Rega Elex-r, Musical Fidelity M2si, Cambridge Audio CXA61? Or maybe to avoid all those and buy Abrahamsen v2?

Anyway, speakers are older Jamo Concet 8 (Seas Excel drivers) and speakers have quite a lot of deep bass and are not bright at all in my room/system.
Current components are Rega DAC-R and Marantz PM6006.
My goal is to find a more refined amp with cleaner highs and warmer mids, something profound because I really miss my Primare I21 that left me in smoke. :(

Thanks for any comment/thought, they are appreciated!

niramx

Apr 16, 2020
Visit site
These speakers have a great rep. Are they as difficult to drive as older Jamos? Had concert 7s which needed a fair amount of grunt? Is this why your Primare went up in smoke?

I wouldn't say that it was difficult to drive Jamos since they are 4 ohms and because of that higher sensitivity.
Also I didn't have a need to listen at very high levels.
The problem was that Primare I20 had over 20 years. So I took it to repair service and bought Marantz to listen something while waiting for repair.
Till now, Primare is third time dead (different problems) so I do not plan to repair it anymore.
The problem is that after Primare, Marantz is not in the same league so looking to purchase something more refined.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts