Anybody been Record Shopping today?

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Marvindodgers said:
stevebrock said:
Marvindodgers said:
Spent the day up in London and inevitably ended up in Sister Ray's in Berwick Street. Bought the rather wonderful -

Elbow - The Take Off And Landing Of Everything

Beautiful double 180g set and sounds great, once I'd found that it has to be played at 45rpm, not 33rpm!

I think I should get this - is it any good?

If you like Elbow, you'll love it.

only heard a bit - was ok

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Marvindodgers said:
stevebrock said:
Marvindodgers said:
Spent the day up in London and inevitably ended up in Sister Ray's in Berwick Street. Bought the rather wonderful -

Beautiful double 180g set and sounds great, once I'd found that it has to be played at 45rpm, not 33rpm!

I've got the CD and really like it. Like all the previous Elbow albums it takes a number of listens for me to really appreciate it.

I'm off to see them next week with my wife, and the support act is Jimi Goodwin, the former frontman of Doves. Anyone here heard their magnificent Kingdom of Rust album?

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
DIB said:
stevebrock said:
Marvindodgers said:
stevebrock said:
Marvindodgers said:

I've got the CD and really like it. Like all the previous Elbow albums it takes a number of listens for me to really appreciate it.

I'm off to see them next week with my wife, and the support act is Jimi Goodwin, the former frontman of Doves. Anyone here heard their magnificent Kingdom of Rust album?

Yep, I think 'Kingdom Of Rust' is a great record. The best 'Doves' album maybe.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Pre-ordered "I Never Learn" Lykke Li today.

I'm quite desperate to get "Wounded Rhymes" on vinyl, and a copy came up on eBay a few months ago at a reasonable price, but I was a bit skint at the time, and my indecision was fatal. I'd pay up to £50 for a great copy, so please keep 'em peeled for me?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Looking forward to receiving this LP, hopefully this week. New off Ebay for a decent price, I've being playing this on Spotify since it came out and only just got round to buying a hard copy..

doc061lores.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

DIB said:
Looking forward to receiving this LP, hopefully this week. New off Ebay for a decent price, I've being playing this on Spotify since it came out and only just got round to buying a hard copy..

doc061lores.jpg

They had at least 2 copies of that album in my local HMV the last time I looked, I think it was around £14.99.

I have a track of his on an old comp, it's called "Scream In The Ears", it's a really great track, and I've just noticed another track on it called "Some Good Advice", which is good as well.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

I'm quite desperate to get "Wounded Rhymes" on vinyl, and a copy came up on eBay a few months ago at a reasonable price, but I was a bit skint at the time, and my indecision was fatal. I'd pay up to £50 for a great copy, so please keep 'em peeled for me?

I've found copies on Warner Bros Canada's website, I'm over the fuffing moon. :cheer:

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
DIB said:

doc061lores.jpg

They had at least 2 copies of that album in my local HMV the last time I looked, I think it was around £14.99.

I have a track of his on an old comp, it's called "Scream In The Ears", it's a really great track, and I've just noticed another track on it called "Some Good Advice", which is good as well.

I had a look in town the other day (Fopp, HMV) and nothing in my neck of the woods. Bought it off Ebay instead, £12.95 incl P & P, which for new vinyl is not bad, I can live with that. I know I will get my m onies worth.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

DIB said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
DIB said:

doc061lores.jpg

I had a look in town the other day (Fopp, HMV) and nothing in my neck of the woods. Bought it off Ebay instead, £12.95 incl P & P, which for new vinyl is not bad, I can live with that. I know I will get my m onies worth.

Is it similar in style to that old psychedelic stuff? I'm presuming it probably isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIIp1hQ37AI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvUP6BRPf-s

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

DIB said:
Nope, just very simple, peaceful singer-songwriter fare ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nAvcIhvoHg

I'll have a little listen after I finish playing that Psychedelic comp with his older stuff on.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/release/psychedalia-rare-blooms-from-the-english-summer-of-love-mr0001707204

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

I've found copies on Warner Bros Canada's website, I'm over the fuffing moon. :cheer:

I love the Canadian dollar, the album has only cost me just over £20 including postage. I'm a happy camper! :cheers:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

I love the Canadian dollar, the album has only cost me just over £20 including postage. I'm a happy camper! :cheers:

|(

They cancelled my order without contacting me. I've emailed to enquire as to why, and placed another order.

I don't think they understand just how much I want this album. :cry:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

|(

They cancelled my order without contacting me. I've emailed to enquire as to why, and placed another order.

I don't think they understand just how much I want this album. :cry:

Sold Out. :boohoo:

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Dropped into the local record shop on the way home to find out what they had planned for Record Store Day and left with -

Genesis - Foxtrot

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Marvindodgers said:
Dropped into the local record shop on the way home to find out what they had planned for Record Store Day and left with -

Genesis - Foxtrot

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold

I love the album Foxtrot. Its probably my favourite Genesis album.

TRENDING THREADS