Any upgrade or anything missing in my signature?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
I thought it was for home use? Mobile is different for mobile its all about the Pono!!

Ayre know what their doing with digital audio - that will be a mean sounding unit if you can get one

:cheers:

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Don't invite ideas to spend more money gel! It won't help your condition.
+ 1

Nothing now Gel, just sit back and enjoy now mate, buy more bluray's etc

ha You remind me of how I used to be, never completely satisfied, until now.

Oh just a note on the photo's you put up of your calibrated Tv, I put the same movies on, The grey, Avatar etc still framed it and "not" to my surprise my picture was pretty much the same shot :grin: if any differences I'd say your's had a slight edge to the depth of the picture and again a slight depth to the colours, overall not a great deal in it but I put that down to my Tv being almost 7 years old but still going strong!! ;)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
buzz_lightclick said:
Looking at your kit list Gel I would say your next upgrade could be your av receiver,

[/qI'd agree here, as I've mentioned before I had the same amp as you, the one I have now the SC-LX56 is a leap in quality Gel.

It's been replaced now with the 57 but maybe worth an audition??

D

Deleted member 2457

jase fox said:
bigboss said:
Don't invite ideas to spend more money gel! It won't help your condition.
+ 1

Nothing now Gel, just sit back and enjoy now mate, buy more bluray's etc

ha You remind me of how I used to be, never completely satisfied, until now.

Oh just a note on the photo's you put up of your calibrated Tv, I put the same movies on, The grey, Avatar etc still framed it and "not" to my surprise my picture was pretty much the same shot :grin: if any differences I'd say your's had a slight edge to the depth of the picture and again a slight depth to the colours, overall not a great deal in it but I put that down to my Tv being almost 7 years old but still going strong!! ;)

Nice one! Yep, I reckon I'll keep to what I've got. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

jase fox said:
buzz_lightclick said:
Looking at your kit list Gel I would say your next upgrade could be your av receiver,

[/qI'd agree here, as I've mentioned before I had the same amp as you, the one I have now the SC-LX56 is a leap in quality Gel.

It's been replaced now with the 57 but maybe worth an audition??

I love my amp to be honest, I downgraded from the 81 for this. I can't afford to spend any more home cinema wise too. I can't demo them now too because my local home cinema shop closed down recently too.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Nice to see you being sensible here gel. :)

Don't spend money unless you really think you need to. That's the only way you can keep a check on your condition.

I am still tempted by a camera and the 11 inch MacBook Air though! :wall:

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Gel. Don't bother with the MBA 11". You'll bee sending it back.

If you're not a keen photographer, cameras can be an expensive toy. Convinced my phone cam is rubbish in the past I've gone DSLR to Bridge to Compact and hardly used any.

Cameras as seem to be where big efforts are being made with Smartphones.

A friend end and if went to see a concert the other week. My 4S cam really struggled with the zoom on low light, her 5S was quite a lot better.

Perhaps something like this would go well with your iphone

http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-dsc-qx10-lens-style-smartphone-camera-hd-1080p-18mp-10x-optical-zoom-wi-fi-nfc/p712004?kpid=712004&s_kenid=105c6999-2f23-dfc9-ebf4-000001f62d5a&s_kwcid=7x2426409&tmad=c&tmcampid=52

I do agree it would be nice to take a good camera on your holiday. Can you borrow one ?

D

Deleted member 2457

richardw42 said:
Gel. Don't bother with the MBA 11". You'll bee sending it back.

If you're not a keen photographer, cameras can be an expensive toy. Convinced my phone cam is rubbish in the past I've gone DSLR to Bridge to Compact and hardly used any.

Cameras as seem to be where big efforts are being made with Smartphones.

A friend end and if went to see a concert the other week. My 4S cam really struggled with the zoom on low light, her 5S was quite a lot better.

Perhaps something like this would go well with your iphone

http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-dsc-qx10-lens-style-smartphone-camera-hd-1080p-18mp-10x-optical-zoom-wi-fi-nfc/p712004?kpid=712004&s_kenid=105c6999-2f23-dfc9-ebf4-000001f62d5a&s_kwcid=7x2426409&tmad=c&tmcampid=52

I do agree it would be nice to take a good camera on your holiday. Can you borrow one ?

Yep, I am going whale watching and swimming in the Blue Lagoon, so a nice new camera would be nice. Thanks for the link, how does that work then? I haven't seen one before. Ta

D

Deleted member 2457

I found a cheap one here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EU89FI6/ref=asc_df_B00EU89FI618697086?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=reevoocompcp-21&linkCode=df0&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B00EU89FI6

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
It connects wirelessly to your phone and operated via an iOS app.

It can be mounted on the phone, but can even be used detached. So if you haven't go a good view your can hold it at arm s length and see the image on your phone screen.

They also do the QX100 which is £399 (ouch)

Im thinking about it, but will wait to see what the IP6 offers.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
gel said:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EU89FI6/ref=asc_df_B00EU89FI618697086?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=reevoocompcp-21&linkCode=df0&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B00EU89FI6

wow. The white one is dirt cheap. Even the black version is a good price.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Don't lsten to him! For travel you will need at a minimum ...

040150010_DSC4169.jpg

It's lightweight (for travel), takes a Hasselblad CFV-50 digital back (or roll-film backs up to 6x9).

I'd recommend an Alpa / Schneider 75mm as well as the wide angle shown above ...

190028075-600x600.jpg

Or you could just 'slum it' with an old Plaubel Makina 67 or Hasselblad 503CW.

You don't want to 'slum it' do you? All those gorgeous fjords.

D

Deleted member 2457

richardw42 said:
It connects wirelessly to your phone and operated via an iOS app.

It can be mounted on the phone, but can even be used detached. So if you haven't go a good view your can hold it at arm s length and see the image on your phone screen.

They also do the QX100 which is £399 (ouch)

Im thinking about it, but will wait to see what the IP6 offers.

D

Deleted member 2457

richardw42 said:
gel said:

wow. The white one is dirt cheap. Even the black version is a good price.

:)

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
Don't lsten to him! For travel you will need at a minimum ...

040150010_DSC4169.jpg

It's lightweight (for travel), takes a Hasselblad CFV-50 digital back (or roll-film backs up to 6x9).

I'd recommend an Alpa / Schneider 75mm as well as the wide angle shown above ...

190028075-600x600.jpg

Or you could just 'slum it' with an old Plaubel Makina 67 or Hasselblad 503CW.

You don't want to 'slum it' do you? All those gorgeous fjords.

:grin: Definitely don't want to slum it! :) I am going on a 5 star American cruise ship. Not sure what cabin I have yet though, I find out when I'm on the ship. I have been to Norway before and the scenery is amazing! That was on Queen Elizabeth.

Those cameras look a tad out of my price range. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

I think I will go around John Lewis tomorrow and have a fiddle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts