Any upgrade or anything missing in my signature?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Yep, best to call an end to this thread. No more replies please. Thanks

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
A good camera to encourage you to get out and explore the local area and countryside, provide another hobby, provide exercise and take your mind off the TV/AV/hi-fi.

Stay away from photography equipment websites (!) and maybe join a local photographic society instead (ie. real people) who will be able to provide lots of guidance and tips. And/or take a part time course in the evenings like this one next year.

Show off your best stuff here. (We like pics and there at least a few amateur and pro photographers knocking around the place.)

It's the kind of hobby that can (if you actually go out and take pictures rather than get bogged down in online gear nerdism) excite other interests like local history, or art, or a passion for the countryside.

You only need a decent, but basic camera to start off. Something like Photoshop Elements and a 'how to' book like this one.

Even if you only create a few great photos it's an amazing 'buzz' and it will snowball (the enthusiasm, not the gear hopefully).

All very well showing off something you have bought ("hey, good job" etc.) but 10 times better when it's something you have created.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
A good camera to encourage you to get out and explore the local area and countryside, provide another hobby, provide exercise and take your mind off the TV/AV/hi-fi.

Stay away from photography equipment websites (!) and maybe join a local photographic society instead (ie. real people) who will be able to provide lots of guidance and tips. And/or take a part time course in the evenings like this one next year.

Show off your best stuff here. (We like pics and there at least a few amateur and pro photographers knocking around the place.)

It's the kind of hobby that can (if you actually go out and take pictures rather than get bogged down in online gear nerdism) excite other interests like local history, or art, or a passion for the countryside.

You only need a decent, but basic camera to start off. Something like Photoshop Elements and a 'how to' book like this one.

Even if you only create a few great photos it's an amazing 'buzz' and it will snowball (the enthusiasm, not the gear hopefully).

All very well showing off something you have bought ("hey, good job" etc.) but 10 times better when it's something you have created.

I like the idea of a decent camera, I am using my iPhone at present and nearly bought thIs Panasonic one the other day:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1944000.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:9626800022%7Ctsid:41408%7Ccid:177575822%7Clid:62902054862%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:38218069502%7Crnd:5907508638132243439%7Cdvc:t%7Cadp:1o1

What do you think, I don't really want to spend much? But using my iPhone it is so easy for me to download photos on my laptop though.

The only reason I would upgrade my iPhone is for a better camera. I am also going on a cruise soon around Norway and Iceland so having a nice new camera would be great.

D

Deleted member 2457

John Duncan said:
Films. Music.

I've bought about 12 blu-rays this month already! But is a good one. I have just started using iTunes again with my new headphones and have been really enjoying it. I am downloading them onto my iPad, so I will have to put them onto my other devices too. I bought a live Guns N Roses CD which I like especially.

D

Deleted member 2457

I like the look of this one:

http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-wx350-camera-hd-1080p-18-2mp-20x-optical-zoom-wi-fi-nfc-3-screen-with-8gb-card-case/p1355132?colour=Black

D

Deleted member 2457

What about this one even:

http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-hx50-camera-hd-1080p-20-4mp-30x-optical-zoom-wi-fi-3-lcd-screen-with-8gb-card-black/p489436?kpid=489436&s_kenid=2c51560d-7e21-ad88-5b0f-000046afeb87&s_kwcid=7x2346974&tmad=c&tmcampid=52

This I could see me buying, gets good reviews too.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Both look fine gel.

Not my choice because I have never needed such long zoom. But on a cruise ship you can't walk closer to a landscape, so 20x zoom is probably a good idea.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Your system is fine Gel. I wish my LX70 receiver didn't give up the ghost last year or I wouldn't have bought my denon, so you have a great system with great sound and the finest 1080p picture around...! :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
Both look fine gel.

Not my choice because I have never needed such long zoom. But on a cruise ship you can't walk closer to a landscape, so 20x zoom is probably a good idea.

:cheers:

Yep, that is what I was thinking about the zoom.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Your system is fine Gel. I wish my LX70 receiver didn't give up the ghost last year or I wouldn't have bought my denon, so you have a great system with great sound and the finest 1080p picture around...! :cheers:

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
gel said:
Series1boy said:

I tell you what you could do..... Add another PV1 to balance the Bass in the room, it would sound epic :grin:

And now the coggs are turning :rofl:

And buy a headphone amp!

D

Deleted member 2457

duaplex said:
gel said:
Series1boy said:

I tell you what you could do..... Add another PV1 to balance the Bass in the room, it would sound epic :grin:

And now the coggs are turning :rofl:

And buy a headphone amp!

Another sub would be nice but no I have my limits! :grin:

Got a link to a good headphone amp, and how do they work? I have seen this one:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/arcam-irdac

Any good?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It is a very good Dac, but firstly how do you listen to your music with your P5 headphones?

If you are using a PC or want to hook it up to your AV, it will do wonders to your FLAC, MP3 files etc and generally give you great sound with your headphones.

Now, if you are simply using the P5 with your phone, then we can talk about portabe heaphones amps that work well too. I have a pair of Q701 headphones that I use with my Galaxy S3 - connected through a Fiio Headphone amp. Interestingly enough I receny tied the P7 heaphones though it and they sounded incredible.

D

Deleted member 2457

duaplex said:
It is a very good Dac, but firstly how do you listen to your music with your P5 headphones?

If you are using a PC or want to hook it up to your AV, it will do wonders to your FLAC, MP3 files etc and generally give you great sound with your headphones.

Now, if you are simply using the P5 with your phone, then we can talk about portabe heaphones amps that work well too. I have a pair of Q701 headphones that I use with my Galaxy S3 - connected through a Fiio Headphone amp. Interestingly enough I receny tied the P7 heaphones though it and they sounded incredible.

Yep, the P5's sound amazing too. I am using my iPad and iPhone only.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
gel said:
duaplex said:

Get yourself a Fiio portable amp from an online retailer and give it a go, you are going to be amazed at how much better it will make the headphones sound. If you are not satisfied you can return them, although I have a feeling that wont happen

here is what I have

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-E12-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00BWOXNXE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399238681&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio+mont+blanc

Yep, the P5's sound amazing too. I am using my iPad and iPhone only.

D

Deleted member 2457

duaplex said:
gel said:
duaplex said:

Get yourself a Fiio portable amp from an online retailer and give it a go, you are going to be amazed at how much better it will make the headphones sound. If you are not satisfied you can return them, although I have a feeling that wont happen

here is what I have

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-E12-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00BWOXNXE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399238681&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio+mont+blanc

Yep, the P5's s

ound amazing too. I am using my iPad and iPhone only.

I will have a think about that cheers! :cheers:

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Have you thought about one of these?

http://m.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-accessories/dspeaker-anti-mode-8033-908878/review

quite a cheap upgrade, and in my set up made a noticeable difference. :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Gel when it comes to headphone amps you should be looking at Graham Slee.

Proper designed devices with a linear design in the better ones and the option of a proper linear power supply.

Free home demo service as well.

I have owned the Novo whf award winner - like a little power amp for headphones!!

The model up from that is where it starts getting special

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
richardw42 said:
Aren't the P5 designed to be used with a PMP, a headphone amp is just another complication.

Indeed they are. Headphones will always benefit from good amplification and you will be suprised at the difference it makes, even to PMP ones. Members have previously mentioned how thier free apple heaphones sound better, now imagine the P5 :)

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Gel when it comes to headphone amps you should be looking at Graham Slee.

Proper designed devices with a linear design in the better ones and the option of a proper linear power supply.

Free home demo service as well.

I have owned the Novo whf award winner - like a little power amp for headphones!!

The model up from that is where it starts getting special

Graham Slee is great, but for his situation it may be clunky, not sure if Gel likes to be more mobile with his headphones (at home), also he may want to travel.

However I am on the Graham slee site now and I can see a portable headphone amp called the Voyager, interesting!

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers for all the suggestions, guys, I will have a look at them. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

richardw42 said:
Aren't the P5 designed to be used with a PMP, a headphone amp is just another complication.

What's a PMP? :cheers:

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I thought it was for home use? Mobile is different for mobile its all about the Pono!!

Ayre know what their doing with digital audio - that will be a mean sounding unit if you can get one

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts