Hello All!

I am here to figure out which amplifier i should purchase for my 685's. Sadly, I am not trying to spend the $800 for the Rotel amplifier. I was also looking at the Sonos Amp, but one cannot stream other audio besides music on that amp. I am looking to spend around $500 for an amp and hope you guys/gals can direct me to something that would be great at my price point.

I would greatly appreciate feedback to this topic because I want to order the amplifier before a party I am hosting. Please o please help a brother out!

Cheers,

Jason :)

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello Jason,

I suspect that forum members will need to know a bit more about your needs - such as does the amplifier need a turntable input, will the amp be normally be used at low volumes or high volumes etc. If your short term need is to play loud music for a party, I wonder if you are better trying to borrow an amp for that event instead. It would be too easy to play a new amp too loud, and trip the protection circuits - maybe less risky to borrow an amp which a friend knows can stand being played loud.

The sound level will usually be at a medium volume. The speakers are in a fairly small room so they will not be at full blast most of the time. A turntable input would be nice in the long run, as well as an amp that can power these speakers with ease.

Thanks

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
Arcam's A19 is well worth a listen. It's around £700, so might fit into your budget. We've also had good results with Marantz's PM6005 (Around £300).

gasolin

I would also say the marantz PM6005, just got one and love it, some say the 8005 is alot better but for mid sensitive speakers budget speakers like the B&W 685 (i have boston a25 which also is 87db),q acoustics 20.., monitor audio bx,boston acoustics a2., wharfdale 220 diamond an small to medium sized room, it should be moore then enough both in spl and sound quality and it looks good to with a very reasonable price

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts