Amplifier channel problem!!!

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I just bought some Wharfedale 121 speakers which are 100 watts. I got an amplifier off ebay which is 100 watts also - Sony STR-DE135 to be exact. It was in good condition as the guy I bought it from played it before I paid him. I set it all up, plugged my laptop in, so I could play music, and the left speaker was distorting despite the volume not being loud. I presumed it was the speaker but I checked everything. I changed the cables round and there was still the same issue, I then swapped the channels round and realised the opposite speaker was now not working at all. I swapped it again and then the other didn't work. Process of elimination points to the channel which now simply does not work, theres not even any noise to suggest that theres communication from the amplifier to the speaker. Am I just going to be stuck listening through one speaker? Need help. Thanks in advance.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

You need to go through this system in a logical manner.

How are you connecting the laptop to the computer? Can you try headphones plugged into the Sony? Are your speaker cables connected correctly?

You just need to go thouch each piece of equipment or cable in a logical, progressive manner and isolate where the problem lies, it's not difficult, just be methodical.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts