Amp advice for kef ls50?

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

Which one of the these two amps pair the best with kef ls50, Peachtree audio nova 125se (125W), or Rotel ra12(60w). Room is 25 squaremetres, sound i want is punchy, clear, open and detailed also at low levels.

I need some expert advice. Which one of the two amps would you go for? The choice is only between those two.

Regards Christian

rainsoothe

In short, I would say used Supernait 1. But seriously now, I think Peachtree. I haven't heard any of these two, but for the LS50 I would say Peachtree. Anyway, try to audition them and let your ears decide??

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
You have already chosen the peachtree or the other amp and the LS 50 thrives on juice (Current) Im guessing the peachtree has more of it due to have double the power. If you were to ask me Id say Hegel H160

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

Here's a man that agrees:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/hegel-music-systems-h160-integrated-amplifier

Not from the "all amps sound the same" club and armed with some very interesting technical knowledge.

Hi enc

Thanks
thumbs_up.gif
Good to see another top review for the H160
shades_smile.gif
The best performance I've heard from LS50's is with Hegel amplification. I don't mind saying that it was a bit of an eye opener
regular_smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

rainsoothe

Andrewjvt said:
You have already chosen the peachtree or the other amp and the LS 50 thrives on juice (Current) Im guessing the peachtree has more of it due to have double the power. If you were to ask me Id say Hegel H160

OP: This. And yes, I was gonna point to Hegel as well, but since you restricted the question to those two, I went with Peachtree.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Up to around the price point of the Peachtree, I'd recommend looking at the Arcam A19 or A29, Marantz PM8005, or Primare I22, Roksan K3, Quad Vena, or Rotel RA1570 - unless you have some specific requirements that rules some of those out. The latter three of those are all Bluetooth enabled.

MickyBlue

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
i can't really comment on the two amps you have shortlisted but what i can say is the ls50's get better and better with amplification, don't scrimp on this as you won't be getting the best from them, personally i have gone from rega brio-r to leema elements to leema tucana ii and each step has brought better results.

ask your dealer to demo a few different amps at different price points, this will show you what these little speakers are really capable of.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts