Alternatives to DNM Speaker Cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
l'm waiting on the arrival of a Creek EVO CD & amp, to join a pair of Epos M5i 'speakers.

I've just made up an interconnect with the new DNM cable & a set of Eichmann Silver Bullet Plugs.

l was hoping to use DNM Reson (Mk 2) 'speaker cable, as l don't particularly wish to biwire. However, this is proving difficult to source & l don't fancy the new stereo cable from DNM that you have to split.

Anyone with any alternative suggestions, in terms of 'speaker cable, that would fit into this system?

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have an evo amp and M5 speakers. I have just bought some DNM Reson MK2 cable from cable-shop.co.uk, it was £6.15 per metre, and the new stereo version is £12.30 per metre.

The guy from the shop is sending me some stereo cable too, as it is a piece of cake to unzip it. I don't want to bi-wire the speakers either, but the new cable is better than the MK2.

There is a special website for epos and creek owners, it is www.eposandcreek.com. I asked the question as to what cable to use, and got talking to the owner, Mike Creek, he said they use the reson mk2 for the internal wiring on their speakers, so either would be an excellent match, as well as the interconnect.

You can register on the website, and it takes a maybe a day for it to go through. In the mean time, have a look on there, as there are many threads on cabling.

You will find their site alot more taylored to your needs than the what-hifi one, as it is specially for your components.

Hope you do go on there, as it is very useful...

Phil

A

Anonymous

Phil,

thanks for the detailed response.

Funnily enough, the Cable Shop is where l have had an order for DNM Reson, waiting to be fulfilled by DNM, for weeks now.

l'm trying to ascertain from DNM if they still produce the Reson.

l didn't know that the cable Shop had the new stereo cable. As you say, this is claimed to be a better cable than the Reson. l have found that the new interconnect is really detailed.

lf l may, could l ask you to confirm what the cable Shop are charging for the new stereo cable? lt's £22 per metre on the DNM website shop. l need 8 metres hence need to order 4 metres of the stereo cable.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
chesterfieldhouse:
Phil,

thanks for the detailed response.

Funnily enough, the Cable Shop is where l have had an order for DNM Reson, waiting to be fulfilled by DNM, for weeks now.

l'm trying to ascertain from DNM if they still produce the Reson.

l didn't know that the cable Shop had the new stereo cable. As you say, this is claimed to be a better cable than the Reson. l have found that the new interconnect is really detailed.

lf l may, could l ask you to confirm what the cable Shop are charging for the new stereo cable? lt's £22 per metre on the DNM website shop. l need 8 metres hence need to order 4 metres of the stereo cable.

If you can't get this cable, try Chord Rumour 2. I had the Evo amp and used this cable with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts