Airplay dilemma

craigmccall43

May 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys not a regular poster but im in need of help.

Firstly, let me say i have done plenty of research!

I am trying to expand my Airplay setup, at present i have :

Living Room: Denon AVR 1912/Diamond 10.6

Bedroom: Airport Express/Audio engine A5

Now for the kitchen!

The issue im having is i really want to keep things simple, no amp, no additional airport express... you get the point and my budget is no more than £200. When researching all in one airplay speakers i find that many reviews contradict one another, i understand opinions will vary but im finding one review saying that a speaker is completely crap yet another is saying its the best they have ever heard! So heres what ive considered so far...

Onkyo - ABX-N300 £150

Pure - Countour 200i Air £168

Altec Lansing inAir 5000- £200

Sony - SANSS410 - £150

After initial research i thought the Altec was the way to go but as i continue reading about it as mentioned above its either "AMAZING!!!!" or "utter bollocks and lacks clarity". I also considered the new pioneer airplay speaker but after hearing a demo i wasnt impressed.

Any input would be awesome guys n gals!

I had the InAir 5000 for a few days when I got it for a bargain £99.95:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hot-deals/67-discount-altec-lansing-inair-5000-wireless-speaker-dock-for-£9995

It did drop audio quite a few times.

Sold it.

craigmccall43

May 17, 2008
Visit site
yeah bigboss i saw your post when you got it, its one of the top results when you google the altec. I really like the sonos but as their far overpriced in my opinion and dont facy forking out for the Sonos connect etc as i like to be able to plasy all speakers at the same time.

Thanks for the advice guys, still unsure but will give an update when i eventually make a decision... i could see my budget getting blown ha!

A

Anonymous

+1 what juzzie wuzzie and bigboss said - you migt also get capacity issues. Sonos is definitely worth a look longer term.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts