About the new forum

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
It costs every time you go online, albeit 'cheap rate'. To lose over 200 posts is an awful lot of 'cheap rate' calls to have gone down the pan.

Your very first post is still there - from April 30th 2008 - and (probably) every post you have ever made.

I think all that has changed is the way the posts are counted.

How can posts be counted differently?:~

scene

plastic penguin said:
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
It costs every time you go online, albeit 'cheap rate'. To lose over 200 posts is an awful lot of 'cheap rate' calls to have gone down the pan.

Your very first post is still there - from April 30th 2008 - and (probably) every post you have ever made.

I think some were missed during the transfer - forgot to refresh the count after the users were frist transferred... That's what JD said somewhere.

A

Anonymous

This site now looks a lot worse than before. It was just fine before and now it's only giving me a terrble headache.

Sorry!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
True Blue said:
Hi, instead of the button "save" at the bottom, could we not have the word "post" back.......please......

Yep, that's already on the fix list too!

And going back to the point re charging: no plans to charge for things currently avaialble on site.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
chebby said:
Yeah I don't get that either.

How does a reduction in your post count cost money?

Leaving aside that they haven't been lost, why does it matter? What were you intending to do with the "lost" posts, after they've been answered and then forgotten in the mists of time?

Not sure why it costs you money to go online either, beyond your usual monthly fee.

John Duncan

scene said:
plastic penguin said:
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:

I think some were missed during the transfer - forgot to refresh the count after the users were frist transferred... That's what JD said somewhere.

Yes! Yes!

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin said:
John Duncan said:
I make your post count 6,923 PP, to which I've now changed it.

Everybody else'll have to wait...

Cheers, John.

Evertime I try to upload the avatar it comes up as "SERVER ERROR" and below and says "Apache Server at www.whathifi.com Port 80". Not sure whether that's significant or not. Please advise.

Cheers.

Try making the file name have no spaces and only lower case.

A

Anonymous

afternoon,
I quite like the new site.

It is way to bright
it doesn't scroll smoothly like the old site, very jerky and keeps reloading sections of the script and in some instances strobing.

Good job felines and fellas. Keep it up.

HAL

admin said:
plastic penguin said:
John Duncan said:
I make your post count 6,923 PP, to which I've now changed it.

Everybody else'll have to wait...

Thanks Mr/Ms Admin - I've tried different combos to no avail.

Cheers, John.

Evertime I try to upload the avatar it comes up as "SERVER ERROR" and below and says "Apache Server at www.whathifi.com Port 80". Not sure whether that's significant or not. Please advise.

Cheers.

Try making the file name have no spaces and only lower case.

Thanks, I've tried different combos to no avail.

Casting my "printers eye" over the layout, I find the forum to be lop-sided - it doesn't flow as well as before. Looking down I find the original poster and the last poster next to each other, whereas before the OP was directly underneath the title of the thread. Not a huge problem - and in a couple of days I may adjust to it - it's just an observation.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
brittondave said:
It is way to bright

As in...?

brittondave said:
it doesn't scroll smoothly like the old site, very jerky and keeps reloading sections of the script and in some instances strobing.

Not something I've encountered, I have to say. JD?

Way to bright as in the white background.

Perhaps the reloading and strobing is my end, have you downloaded the new iPad operating system yet Andrew?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The white background is exactly the same as the white background on the old site, and yes I have tried the site on four different browsers on the iPad, and it seems fine to me.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
chudleighpaul said:
Just tried to post a new thread in the "Off Topic" section and it vanished. What is happening?

Is that the gated communities one? It's there, I just replied to it.

I think the new forum seems to cache more heavily than the old one, if something isn't there I find holding shift when refreshing usually makes it appear.

TRENDING THREADS