a question for the what hifi team about 2 hdmi outputs on panasonic 3d bluray player.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi i understand there is a panasonic 3d bluray player with twin hdmi outputs on it so that an new reiciever wouldnt have to be bought to achieve 3d. question is couldnt you buy some kind of hdmi adapter that could turn the one output into two. meaning you could buy 3d bluray players from other manufactures that have only one output. cheers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Doesn't work like that, I'm afraid: rather as a wireless network will slow down to the speed of the slowest device on it, so connecting both a 3D display and a non-3D compliant amp to a single HDMI output via a splitter will simply see the HDMI output 'slow down' to the lowest common denominator.

Which is why - to use the old, clearer terminology - the Panasonic has both an HDMI 1.4 output to feed video to the display and a separate HDMI 1.3 out to feed audio to the receiver. The two work independently, rather than being fed from a single 'output'.

A

Anonymous

ok i understand mate cheers. will any manufactures be bringing the twin hdmi blu ray players out. only seems fair really.

A

Anonymous

damn. just got myself a sony 46 hx903. any chance of you posting the picture settings you use to achieve your set up. would be very helpfull. many thanks

A

Anonymous

strange one this. whenever this question is asked. silence.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
deany:
strange one this. whenever this question is asked. silence.

First..you're asking this on the wrong part of the forum. Second, many have replied to similar threads and the answer is really vey simple.....whatever looks good to you is good. It's like asking others how much salt they put on their chips.....it may be too much or too little compared with your taste.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As grd says, there's no ideal set of settings: the best bet is to get a disc with the THX set-up screens on it, and tune it to suit your tastes in the room in which you're going to be using it.

A

Anonymous

What about helping us all avoid unnessassery processing functions. Also which motion control settings should we use to get the best results with different sources. I know that some of these things are only an opinion, but I'm sure we'd find the advice useful and give us some where to start from.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, as I have said before, I'm not part of the test team, but I will again ask them to comment on this thread. In general, however, I'd suggest turning off every processing function you can find.

TRENDING THREADS