connecting tv to hifi speakers

thecynicalmonk

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi there

I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I have. I need to connect my TV (LG-m2262dp) to a new hifi I just purchased (Panasonic SC-PM500) so I can watch the TV using the hifi speakers as audio instead of the TV's substandard ones. And I really don't want to have to buy a sound bar!

On my previous hifi there was an audio input socket so I have been able to connect the TV to the hifi using the TV's headphones output. But the new Panasonic hifi has no audio input, only a USB port designed for external devices such as iPods.

I've seen that it's possible to buy an adapter which will convert a standard headphone cable to USB (it's like a USB dongle with a hole at the back for the headphones cable). But will that work? Is it possible to connect a headphones audio output to a USB input? Will the hifi recognise the audio or does USB input only work with devices such as hard drives?

Here's an example of the headphones to USB adapter I'm talking about: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mic-headphone-5-1USB-to3-5mm-Jack-Stereo-Headset-3D-Sound-Card-Audio-Adapter-/141925334767

And if the headphones output to USB port is not an option, does anyone know whether I could connect any of the other ports on the TV to the Panasonic hifi's USB port? The TV also has an Optical Digital Audio Output socket and the standard red and white audio out sockets, plus a scart connection. The TV also has a USB port and a HDMI port but my understanding is that these are inputs, not outputs.

And if none of these outputs are of any use, does anyone know of another type of adapter I could use to solve this problem?

If anyone could help me with this I'd be very grateful.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts