Panasonic DMP-BDT 330 connections question

clive m

Jun 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

This may seem a silly question, but here goes.............could someone clarify if I need the Optical connection required to my Yamaha RXV-675.

The instruction manual, (page 11) states 2 HDMi leads, one to the Amp, from the AV OUT SUB terminal, one to the TV, using the AV OUT MAIN. The following page shows an Optical digital lead from the Blu ray player to the Amp Optical in.

Is the optical digital lead necessary???

I understand the HDMI lead connections, there is a foot note to explain that by using the HDMI SUB, audio is output at a higher resolution regardless of compatability of the amp to receive 3D.

Thanks in advance for any replies

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi clive m :wave:

Don't worry about being silly, you've come the right place, I'm sure you will have no trouble fitting in.

In answer to your question, no you do not need the optical connection.

All you need is two hdmi leads, one from your blu-ray player to any one of the hdmi inputs on the back of your Yamaha, then connect the second cable from the Hdmi output on your amp to your tv.

This way you will get all the benefits of the high quality surround formats from any blu-ray discs you may have ( DTS Master audio and Dolby True HD ).

Hope this helps.

Happy listening.

:bounce:

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
clive m said:
Hi all,

This may seem a silly question, but here goes.............could someone clarify if I need the Optical connection required to my Yamaha RXV-675.

The instruction manual, (page 11) states 2 HDMi leads, one to the Amp, from the AV OUT SUB terminal, one to the TV, using the AV OUT MAIN. The following page shows an Optical digital lead from the Blu ray player to the Amp Optical in.

Is the optical digital lead necessary???

I understand the HDMI lead connections, there is a foot note to explain that by using the HDMI SUB, audio is output at a higher resolution regardless of compatability of the amp to receive 3D.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Hi clive m,

To belatedly answer your question, no you shouldn't need the optical connection if you have HDMI connected between the SUB output and the amp (and have turned the video output from SUB to OFF).

The footnote relates to the reason that this player has 2 HDMI outs - it can send video signals directly to your TV via the MAIN output, and audio directly to the amp via the SUB output, so that those with amps that cannot pass-through 3D signals can still enjoy HD audio.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts