A question, anybody have an answer?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I wonder if someone can answer this question. I recently changed my laptop for a new one. The old one had Windows XP, the new one has Vista. Anyway, I had saved my music files, which where all copy’s of CD’s I own, and I loaded them onto my new computer. The trouble is, near the end of each track they become jumpy and muffled. I thought the whole point of digital music was that the copy’s sounded great over and over again.

Is their any reason for this? Or will I have to make new copy’s?

John Duncan

Definitely two, in my experience. Though admittedly video is harder than audio, I'd expect music to be OK even with 1gig. Depends on which player you're using as well - Windows Media Player is a pig, iTunes less so, other 3rd party ones much more efficient.

A

Anonymous

Windows media player is what I used to copy them on and what I am using to play on the new machine. I have 2 gig ram.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Try downloading another media player. Lots to choose from. I keep changing my mind which I think is best. Currently using winamp. Also consider foobar2000 or mediamonkey. Why not try them all?

I run on Vista with 3GB RAM and, I have to say that I have not had the issues you report. And you are right to say that the files should not change once they have been ripped......I copy mine all over the place as backups without issue. So try another player and see how you get on.

A

Anonymous

I tried what you suggested PJPro. I downloaded Real player, and to my surprise, the tracks are now fine. No problem at all.

Funny that, my shinning new laptop with it's all singing all dancing new Microsoft Operating system, and media player is not much cop, but a different player works fine. The wonders of modern technology.
emotion-18.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts